Help. My 6 month old is congested.

she has a runny nose and won't let me aspirate it out. I'm afraid I might hurt her in the struggle. She nurses herself back to sleep but can't cuz she can't breathe. And she'll cry until she pukes. She won't stop crying and don't know what else I can do to make her comfy. Any advice. Thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:51 AM on Oct. 12, 2008 in Kids' Health

• In addition to the humidifier, when mine were little and congested I would put them to sleep in their carseat or other baby seat where they were sitting more upright. It helps the sinuses drain instead of building up and they can sleep better.
    janie-o

Answer by janie-o at 6:27 AM on Oct. 12, 2008

• humidifier! if you don't have one just put the biggest pot of water on the stove and let it boil. try letting her breastfeed. as soon as she latches, get the sucky thing out.

good luck! i know its frustrating.
    jcsscfam5

Answer by jcsscfam5 at 3:01 AM on Oct. 12, 2008

• Use Vicks for baby. All babies hate the nose sucky, I would lay my son down between my legs and use my thighs to stop him from being able to turn away.
    Maureen-MD

Answer by Maureen-MD at 10:57 PM on Oct. 12, 2008