Is it bad that my daughter sleeps in a playpen?

We live in a small 2 bdrm apt and my almost 4 yr old son and his 13 mos old sister have to share a room. He is in his toddler bed and she is in a playpen because 1) my crib I had got broken and 2) there is no room for a crib at all. She has been sleeping in her playpen for a long time and I wondered if it was ok to continue this for awhile longer until we get her a toddler bed.

B-FigNewton

Asked by B-FigNewton at 11:00 AM on Sep. 2, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• my son slept in a playpen for naps until he was 2 years old. if there hasn't been broblems before, i would say it was fine.
    happy-go-lucky

Answer by happy-go-lucky at 11:02 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Mine would sleep in his playpen until about 2. You can find pretty small toddler bed (about the size of a play pen) that have the enclosed sides.
    littlestar85257

Answer by littlestar85257 at 11:02 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Why wouldn't it be ok?
    Mommy2Gabrielle

Answer by Mommy2Gabrielle at 11:02 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• of course its ok hun =) relax, i live in a saltine cracker sized apartment and i have to roomshare for now with my 4 month old, so your kiddo sleeping in the playpen is no big deal, if they are ok with it go for it =) gotta do whatcha gotta do.
    steffielynne

Answer by steffielynne at 11:03 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Not a problem...........
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 11:04 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• My kids always feel asleep in the playpen.... why would I want to wake them up to put them in their beds? LOL....
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 11:17 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Sure it's fine, no problem at all. There is no rule saying you have to have a crib. My twins slept in pack n' plays at my moms house ALL the time until they were about 2 I think, they learned to climb out. It was the only option for mom's house when we visited during nap time, no room or extra money for cribs there too. Oh and FYI when you are wanting to move her to a toddler bed, there is no problem with just putting the toddler mattress straight on the floor you don't have to buy a bed.
    mrspierce06

Answer by mrspierce06 at 11:32 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• my son slept him his playpin until he finally figured out how to climb out(around 1 1/2) its fine. Id have my youngest in a playpin now but he hates sleeping in one. so I have his big A$$ crib in our little room. lol. he fell out od his bassennett so I had to do something.
    melby1317

Answer by melby1317 at 11:40 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• @mrspierce06... I had to put my sons mattress on the floor cause he kept falling out of his toddler bed. so i agree.
    melby1317

Answer by melby1317 at 11:42 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• My daughter has been sleeping in a playpen for like 6 months now. She is 14 months. We have a crib but she climbs so we won't put her in there and she won't stay in the toddler bed.....I don't think there's a problem.
    sweetmissy_05

Answer by sweetmissy_05 at 12:38 PM on Sep. 2, 2010