What is marriage to you?

Apparently some people seem to think marriage is only about sex. I disagree. I think if sex is the only reason you are married you're missing out on a LOT.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:04 AM on Sep. 2, 2010 in Relationships

• It's really sad that people think that way. To me marriage is a partnership. It's someone to share your life with. Sure, sex is a part of it but it shouldn't be the only focus!
    AmeliasMommy206

Answer by AmeliasMommy206 at 11:07 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• I think marriage is a relationship where one person is always right and the other person is the husband.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 11:07 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• IMO marriage is the combining of two hearts/minds/bodies, in effort to please/respect/protect/guard each other's hearts/minds/bodies.
    sex is part of that, no doubt, but there are so many things that bring about better sex for the committed duo.
    in a nutshell.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 11:08 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Just kidding! I think marriage is a partnership, sharing your life with someone.
    ria7

• To me, marriage is about being with my best friend/lover for the rest of my life. It's about connecting with someone in a unique and emotionally intimate way.
    PhoenixFire

Answer by PhoenixFire at 11:14 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• IDEALLY, marriage is two people who know each other better than anyone else and love and accept each other in such a way that frees them to be all they can be. I believe that real love makes a person more, gives them wings. I also believe marriage is about having a level of emotional intimacy and communication that makes you so intertwined that you are like one. And sex is just a physical outpouring of what is happening between two hearts.

That's why I don't feel like having sex right now.
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 11:16 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• holy cow ameliasmommy..almost word for word! lol
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 11:08 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• I competely agree with you... My marraige is my LIFE. My marraige is about, love, trust, loyality, monogamy, honesty and friendship... How can you have ALL of that if you are sleeping with more than one man at one time...
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 11:09 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• "I think marriage is a relationship where one person is always right and the other person is the husband. "
    ria7

Okay, maybe I change my answer to this! LOL
    AmeliasMommy206

Answer by AmeliasMommy206 at 11:10 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• its an equal partnership and raising a family together making joint decisions, not just Mom, not just Dad, but both.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 11:18 AM on Sep. 2, 2010