Anyway to prevent bloody noses during pregnancy?

Last night I woke up with one and I'd like to prevent that in the future lol

MamaSarah1104

Asked by MamaSarah1104 at 11:04 AM on Sep. 2, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Vaseline on a Q-tip and coat the inside of your nose. It keeps the lining from drying out.
    PhoenixFire

Answer by PhoenixFire at 11:11 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• You get bloody noses because you have an increase in blood volume during pregnancy. Anything that causes nose bleeds should be avoided, like hot, dry weather and dehydration. I don't know much more than that, but find out what else causes nose bleeds. Good luck!
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 11:12 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• I used a cool mist humidifier, I got them all the time when I was preggo for my youngest.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 11:19 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Definitely use vaseline in your nostrils overnight (worked wonders for my nephew who used to get them really bad), and a humidifier if you can stand the extra humidity in your room (a friend of mine used a little personal one, I checked them out for my DDs and Wal-Mart has them, they're fairly cheap).
    4time-mom

Answer by 4time-mom at 11:36 AM on Sep. 2, 2010