Problems conceiving.

I have been trying to conceive for about a year now. I fall pregnant very quickly, but all end in miscarriage within about three months. I'm trying to give myself a rest from it all in the hope that, if I try again in a few months, it may work out better, but I'm not sure. Could there be something wrong? I tried to go to the doctors but they dismissed me and said they're sure it wasn't a miscarriage and didn't do any checks or anything. I have had successful pregnancies in the past so I'm not sure what's going on?

SarahBel

Asked by SarahBel at 11:13 AM on Sep. 2, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• You need to find a reproductive endrocrinologist. They will be able to help.
    Do you know if your progesterone levels are low? I that why you are miscarrying?
    nsrush83

Answer by nsrush83 at 11:14 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• First of all, I'd switch doctors. Find another one who will listen to your concerns. And have some tests done. I know that multiple miscarriages in a row are really bad. Good luck!
    rockinmomto2

Answer by rockinmomto2 at 11:15 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Go to see a Reproductive Specialist. That is what I did after many miscarriages and my regular OBGYN kept blowing me off. Regular OBGYN's are not knowledgeable in Reproductive problems. So instead of wasting your time go to a Specialist. I did and finally found out that most of my eggs were flawed and no matter how many times I got Pregnant, it would not have resulted in a birth. I ended up doing IVF with PGD where they test all the embryos for viability and I was able to finally have a baby Boy! Good Luck.

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 1:22 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• I would see a reproductive specialist. I would def want to get a 2nd opinion.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 5:30 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• YES! i have MTHFR a very common gene mutation i have both strands, and i lost 4 babies after a normal birth, its a simple 5ml blood test, i saw specialist and they all know about this very common problem!!! i was so upset when my new ob found out and saved my current baby by guessing treating me for it and testing had she not treated me for it before testing my baby would have died i lost all before 10 weeks, please please research it, its treated w baby aspirin and b complex plus folic acid, the baby dies bc you form a clot ad it cut off from nutrients and oxygen eventually. i am 32(almost) weeks now w a healthy baby its so treatable and so simple to find out
    Kre10

Answer by Kre10 at 10:46 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• i saw 5 different obs and specialsts, and none of which did the blood work, one even lied and said they did and didnt i was in the for so many tests and blood work to be lied to when they could have been saving my babies, push your drs for that test!
    Kre10

Answer by Kre10 at 10:48 PM on Sep. 2, 2010