Major Diarrhea a labor sign?

This morning I woke up at 5 in the morning for no apparent reason. It was if some silent alarm went off and I hopped out of bed (which i haven't done in the whole 9 months of my pregnancy). I went to the bathroom and now I have major diarrhea. I heard it's a sign that labor is near other than every time I pee I keep loosing more and more of my mucus plug. Anyone else believe this is a sign of labor?

AngelEyva

Asked by AngelEyva at 11:20 AM on Sep. 2, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Sounds promising yes, it's your body's way of cleaning out your system for labor. Good luck!!!
    AshleyBDG

Answer by AshleyBDG at 11:22 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• There are some many things that can be a sign of labor. Not till you actually have contractions or water breaks. I would not count on it.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 11:22 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• That's what I was thinking because, I feel so energized ever since I been pooping like crazy. It's like natural detox or something. I haven't had energy like this at all during this pregnancy so this feels good but I feel like it's the calming before the storm lol
    AngelEyva

Comment by AngelEyva (original poster) at 11:23 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Yes..yes
    Momforhealth

Answer by Momforhealth at 11:23 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• and FYI i have been in the hospital 4 times this week alone for false labor, I mean I was contracting so hard the machine was going crazy and I was climbing the walls but I don't dilate my body is weird I never do, so my doctors always cut the baby out every time. This is my third by the way but this is the first time I'm feeling contractions and the first time my child is healthy the other two were very sick so this is a high risk pregnancy because of the other two. even though this one is super healthy :-) which I'm ecstatic about :-) But my water has not broken and there has been no bloody show, I have been loosing major pieces of the mucus plug though.
    AngelEyva

Comment by AngelEyva (original poster) at 11:26 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Could be come to think of it I had that issue the same morning my water broke Good luck!
    mrspierce06

Answer by mrspierce06 at 11:29 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• yeah i've heard that is a possible sign...
    Are you going to do a VBAC?
    good luck!!!!
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 11:42 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• I cant I had 3 C sections. I wish, but my doctors wont let that happen because of me being over weight (which I dont see it lol) and i had too many C sections.
    AngelEyva

Comment by AngelEyva (original poster) at 11:46 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• I started having Major Diarrhea this morning too about 6am lol but I hae been having contractions since monday 5am I hope this is a sign we're close lol my plug has been gone for about a week and 1/2 good luck !
    msh88

Answer by msh88 at 12:06 PM on Sep. 2, 2010