how to cook food on a gas grill?

I've been hearing alot about cooking things such as beans or even pancakes on the gas grills. Can you just put pots and pans on the grill or is there another way?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:21 AM on Sep. 2, 2010 in Food & Drink

• You can put stainless steal pots and pans on a grill :) it's sort of just like a gas top stove
    littlestar85257

Answer by littlestar85257 at 11:24 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Thank you!!
    Jewels22

Answer by Jewels22 at 11:25 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• you can be a cowboy!!! beans on the grill are best done in an iron skillet/pot, over hot coals. i've never done it with a gas grill, though. they do make flat 'pans' you can use to lay on top of the grills, for pancakes and other foods.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 11:25 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• You can put heavy pots and pans on a gas grill, you just have to make sure your fire doesn't get too hot. I know a guy that lived in a trailer (the camping kind) for a few months while his house was being built, he cooked everything on a gas grill.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 11:25 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• lol I guess me posting thank you defeats the purpose of being anonymous.
    Jewels22

Answer by Jewels22 at 11:28 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Thank you everyone for the great responses....
    Jewels22

Answer by Jewels22 at 11:30 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Mmm, you can use cast iron pots/pans, stainless, and also metal baking pans on the grill - as well as putting open cans of stuff (baked beans, canned veggies) directly on the rack to heat up, and laying foil on the rack for smaller things that might fall through or stick to the rack. We have a gas grill and while we don't use it often we sometimes do some "weird" stuff on it. A nearby take-n-bake pizza joint has instructions for "baking" their pizzas on the grill - grilled pizza is so yummy! 5dollardinners.com has a lot of grilling stuff too if you want more ideas!
    4time-mom

Answer by 4time-mom at 11:30 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• I use my cast iron pots and pans on our grille. Works great and no plastic handles to melt.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 2:11 PM on Sep. 4, 2010