Can BH contractions actually hurt to the point of making you cry?

So I was at work a couple days ago (I have a stressful job) and was carrying some dishes, when all of a asudden I got this sharp pain (felt like a muscle cramp or someone hitting me) in my right side. It was so bad it actually made me drop the dishes and brought me to tears. All I could do was sit hunched over and try to regulate my breathing. When I tried to stand up the pain had spread to my whole lower tummy. It felt like stabbing, shooting, tight pain. It took about half hour to go away.

proudnpreggers

Asked by proudnpreggers at 6:02 AM on Oct. 12, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Typically BH will not last for 30 minutes. Are you drinking plenty of water? Dehydration can give stabbing pain anywhere in our body. What week of pregnancy are you in?
    livewell4me

Answer by livewell4me at 7:03 AM on Oct. 12, 2008

• I had BH like that for almost half of my pregnancy. But it is unusual, so it warrants a chat with your doctor if it keeps happening. Could be that your little one kicked you hard and essentially gave you a charlie horse. Like the first reply said, make sure you are plenty hydrated.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 8:30 AM on Oct. 12, 2008

• drinking water, lots of it can ease up on the BH'S

and i dont know i guess im strange but them BH they do hurt ,

the real contractions are the worst i exp both...you can deff tell them apart,
    LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 10:59 AM on Oct. 12, 2008

• Oh geeze, if BH bring you to tears then I feel bad for you when you actually give birth. LOL
    Anonymous