Is it better to homeschool your kids or public school?

I'm going overseas in two months and my husband doesn't like the schools there and wants me to homeschool there. I have a 1st 3rd and 5th grader. I feel its gonna be tough. Is there any support online for homeschooling ?

janeq123

Asked by janeq123 at 11:21 AM on Sep. 2, 2010 in

• If you sign up for a program like K-12 they have online support and teachers to help you. With kids so close in age it shouldn't be too horrible. They send you all the materials and the computers to do it on!
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 11:23 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• There is a ton of homeschooling support online! Most areas have groups you can join. Homeschooling typically takes half the time that school does... I think you will find it not as hard as you think :) Try and find some social groups where you are going to get involved in so that you have field trips to do, like a library program, museams etc.

Good luck on your move!
    Mommy2Gabrielle

Answer by Mommy2Gabrielle at 11:24 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Do some homework on homeschooling.There is books called Home Learning Year by Year by Rebecca Rupp and Absolute Beginner's Guide to Homeschooling by Brad Miser. I now homeschool my kids privately but did the K12 thing for 3 years and K12 is the best online school compare to the others that are out there.
    peacelovingmom

Answer by peacelovingmom at 12:27 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• There are lots of resources for homeschoolers. Before wandering around online looking, I would join a couple homeschool groups on Cafemom and have them lead you in the right direction. Good luck! You CAN do this and have fun with it!
    science_spot

Answer by science_spot at 8:43 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

Next question in
Quick good hairstyles

Next question overall (Food & Drink)
how to cook food on a gas grill?