Do you think retail stores will have GREAT SALES the day after Thanksgiving this year? Or earlier because of the economy?

JOCKEYP2PMOM

Asked by JOCKEYP2PMOM at 11:22 AM on Sep. 2, 2010 in Shopping

• This weekend they are having GREAT sales because of labor day we ought to all start shopping now and before we know it we will be finishing up the day after thanksgiving... BLACK friday is a must by all retailers :) it's gonna happen whether they have sale before or not.
    littlestar85257

Answer by littlestar85257 at 11:23 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Economics say the worst the economy, the earlier the Christmas shopping season begins. There were Christams sales last year as early as Halloween. I expect the same thing this year.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 2:29 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• I think they will do their "doorbuster" sales the day after Thanksgiving like normal, but I would also expect to see more sales starting in October-ish that will be almost as good. Retailers are going to be scrambling this year.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 11:23 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• They'll keep doing it until the market starts decreasing. I'd guess our generation is amongst the last to physically go into stores for shopping as our grandkids and thier kids will probably be doing most of their online (my prediction).
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 11:24 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Well, you've got to have $$ to buy anything and I'm not in the category of having any extra of that ...
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 5:35 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• I think before. People be shopping for major stuff like electronics the day after.
    Cassandre

Answer by Cassandre at 2:35 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• I think they'll start earlier, and still have their Black Friday gimmick sales. I go after Black Friday, can't stands crowds. If I do go on Black Friday I go around dinner time, all the Mommies have gone home with the kids because they are hungry or tired.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 9:21 PM on Sep. 3, 2010