Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do I find out if there is any americans living in another country?

I just want some moral support. And am seeking friendship.

Answer Question

Asked by janeq123 at 11:24 AM on Sep. 2, 2010 in About CafeMom

Level 12 (893 Credits)
Answers (5)
  • What country are you talking about? Most areas have groups you can join, like here in Northern Michigan there is a group through the college for international people. Do some online searching.

    Answer by Mommy2Gabrielle at 11:28 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

  • we're moving to Syria

    Comment by janeq123 (original poster) at 11:29 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

  • depends on which country you live in... many countries have american schools with lots of volunteer opportunities. many countries also have an 'american society.' they are group of ex-pats that get together to celebrate 4th or july, thanksgiving, etc... you should be able to call your local embassy and they should have some kind of contact info, the american schools may have contact info as well. also, if you live in a metropolitan area there are probably american churches. i grew up most of my life overseas, so if you have any questions feel free to pm me.

    Answer by rfurlongg at 11:31 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

  • Ask the American Consolate there.

    Answer by Zoeyis at 11:34 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

  • Do you mean here on CM? Go to your group tab and search groups.

    Answer by HotMama330 at 1:51 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.