OMG!!He Ate WHAT??!! adult content

My dh changed my 11month old's dirty diaper for me one day. ( Usually we do rock, paper, scissors to see who has to do it, cause he stinks THAT BAD lol). After he changed him he sat him back down on the floor and as any normal 11 month olds do, he went straight for his diaper. Lucky enough my dh beat him to it & grabbed the diaper. I happened to look down cause I saw my son eating something and gagging on it. When I went to "FISH" it out I came to the shocking realization that it was a big chunk of his SH*t!! I guess when my dh grabbed it up real fast a piece fell out and he didn't see it. I couldn't help but to gag. I tried so hard to get it out but the look, and smell was so overwhelming. I ended up getting as much out as I could stomach and whipped his mouth out with a wash cloth. Then I just gave him a sippy cup of water and let him wash whatever I couldn't get down. Do u think I should worry? Could it harm him?

melby1317

Asked by melby1317 at 11:24 AM on Sep. 2, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I don't know if it could harm him, dogs do it as a matter of fact cats do as well. I would call the Dr and just ask if you need to worry about ecoli... That's what a person would get from eating poop :)
    littlestar85257

Answer by littlestar85257 at 11:26 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• I think he will be fine, I wouldn't worry too much about it. It's gross but at the same time it's all natural, not like he picked up cow poop from the farm or something.

My mom told the story that at 6months she caught my sister in her crib about to eat her poop and at about 8 months she caught me about to eat a dead roach. It happens.
    mrspierce06

Answer by mrspierce06 at 11:26 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• It's not going to hurt him, don't worry about that, but yeah, ew.. lol
    AshleyBDG

Answer by AshleyBDG at 11:26 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• You did a good job taking care of it! There should not be any problems.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 11:28 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• no, dogs do it all the time.

But no think about it, he ate it once before (in food form). Its still the same thing, just in a different form. Poo is just the stuff the body didn't want. It wont hurt him. Its just nasty.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 11:28 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• LOL! The good news is, it can't get much worse than this! A couple weeks ago my 11-month-old put a piece of dog dooky in his mouth. It was a small piece and I got it out no problem, but then i was like, "What do I do NOW??" I leaned him over the sink and started scooping handfuls of water into his mouth to rinse it out. He thought it was hilarious! LOL!
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 11:36 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• hahahahaha! that's really nasty but I'm sure he's fine
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 11:37 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• He will be ok but....throwing up

June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 11:40 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• @Adelicious.... u just made me feel so much better.
    melby1317

Comment by melby1317 (original poster) at 11:45 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• It shouldnt hurt him. Its just icky..lol..
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 11:57 AM on Sep. 2, 2010