Does Republican mean anti-gay?

NO! It doesn't! Did anybody know that Ronald Reagan (a REPUBLICAN) was OPENLY bisexual? There are anti-gay people who AREN'T Republican and there are Republicans who AREN'T anti-gay. Why do people assume that by being a Republican you are anti-gay?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:10 AM on Oct. 12, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• I think that be labeling Republicans as "conservatives" people automatically assume that they MUST be anti-gay. It's amazing to me how many people assume that Republicans are uptight snobs who don't want change. In case EVERYBODY has forgotten, the REPUBLICANS are the ones who were anti-slavery!!! It's ironic that Obama (a person with direct African Heritage) is a Democrat!

AvasMommy810

Answer by AvasMommy810 at 6:17 AM on Oct. 12, 2008

• Ronald Reagan openly bisexual? Geez I never heard that one.
    jojo13

Answer by jojo13 at 8:44 AM on Oct. 12, 2008

• Yes, there's entire group! Log Cabin Republicans. That doesn't change the fact that republicans consistently nominate and vote into office Reps who don't believe that gay people should have the same rights as straight people. That's ironic.
    And...
    " the REPUBLICANS are the ones who were anti-slavery!!!"
    Um, Lincoln's republican party is a far stretch from what it is today. There is absolutely no comparison. It's not ironic at all that Obama is a Democrat. He happens to believe in liberal values. How moronic to even imply that all black people should be republicans because Lincoln abolished slavery.
    CluelessCarrie

Answer by CluelessCarrie at 8:55 AM on Oct. 12, 2008

• wow! I had no idea that ronald reagan was gay! After doing my research though i discovered it was true! wow!

CluelessCarrie...i think you're SN describes you 100%...great choice!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:09 AM on Oct. 12, 2008

• Stating that all blacks should be Republican is no more asinine then assuming all women should be for abortion rights just because they are female--as some have asserted on this board:-)

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:37 AM on Oct. 12, 2008