How long does your 4 or 5 month old sleep?

Regularly how long does your 4 or 5 month old son/daughter sleep?

JanetCG

Asked by JanetCG at 11:28 AM on Sep. 2, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• For the whole day or at night?

At night he sleeps (5 months) from about 8-9pm to 3am when he eats, then he goes right back to sleep and sleeps until about 6am and on the weekends when we don't have to get him up for school for his sister and daycare he will sleep until about 8am.

During the day he takes about an hour or two nap at daycare and after daycare he will sleep for about another one to two hours.

So all-in-all for the whole day he sleeps about 16+ hours a day.
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 11:48 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• At night he went to bed at 9pm, woke up at 6 and had a bottle, and then went right back to bed until 9am. At 6 months he dropped that 6am feeding but at 4 and 5 months he still had it.
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 11:55 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• my son will be 4 months in 1 week and he usually will sleep 5-7 hours at first, and then 2-3 hours from there on.
    my older son would only sleep about 1.5 to 2.5 hours at this age.
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 12:02 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• I have a 3 1/2 month old daughter who sleeps most of the time but has random stretches of being awake for 6 or more hours. In general, she sleeps 3-4 hour stretches and stays awake for about an hour.
    tyheamma

Answer by tyheamma at 12:06 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• At that age, she woke at night every 3 hours or so (sometimes 4). I never counted or clock watched during the day or night. She slept as long as she wanted when she wanted anywhere we happened to be sometimes a nap was short, sometimes long. Better for the sanity and peace of all to not look at the clock.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 12:25 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• At 4 months my 4th (which I remember most clearly) slept around 9 hours at night, then took three 1.5-2 hour naps during the day and maybe a one hour catnap in the late afternoon (between his afternoon and evening naps)

Answer by missanc at 12:33 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Sleep? What's that?

Seriously, about three hours at a time.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:47 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• My daughter is 7 months old, but around 4 months her sleeping pattern changed dramatically. She had been sleeping from about 8 pm to 6 am every night, but around 4 months she started waking up several times a night for her paci, to eat, to play. We went about 2 months of this before started settling back into her routine of sleeping longer stretches. My son, on the other hand, was sleeping from 7 pm until about 6 or 6:30 am when he was that age.
    Journey311

Answer by Journey311 at 10:20 PM on Sep. 2, 2010