How to care for wood floors?

I SPEND THE WHOLE DAY W/ ADAMN BROOM IN MY HAND swifter dust mop and mop how in the world do you keep these floors clean and stop the dust#@%#@

taleyu1432

Asked by taleyu1432 at 5:23 PM on Jun. 30, 2008 in Home & Garden

• vaccum those suckers. that's what i did with mine. lose the swiffer for dust and get a dust mop. spray it with pledge anti dust. just be careful until it dries. slippery.
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 10:45 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

• Try Murphy's oil soap...but you will always fight dust bunnies...They are like cockroaches...they never die! LOL
    MommasCooCoo

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 5:25 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

• I have the same problem. A lot of it is from wearing shoes in the house and kids roaming with crackers in their hands, lol. I've had to keep them sitting at the table to eat and try my best to warn people to remove their shoes. Pet hair is also a biggie in my house. I'ts just unavoidable with 2 dogs and 2 cats.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 5:26 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

• A Half cup of white vinegar in a bucket of water is all you need. I find Murphy's oil soap leaves a film of some kind. Vinegar is also great for linoleum floors and wont pull the shine out of them
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 5:50 PM on Jun. 30, 2008