Triple Screen

I passed on the Triple Screen blood test at my ob/gyn. Just curious as to if anyone has had it or will take it and what the results showed....Any false positives?

genuinelyblessd

Asked by genuinelyblessd at 11:39 AM on Sep. 2, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I know 4 people that got falso positives and one that was told no and her baby actually had it. I didnt do the testing for that reason, and i t didnt matter to me if it was positive or not. Abortion wasnt an option, i would have loved him just the same either way and all the positive would have done is stress me out during pregnancy and i didnt need that :) He came out perfectly healthy :) My pedi agreed that i didnt need to take it cause its wrong alot.
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 12:10 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• I don't recall what the exact numbers were, but mine showed higher than normal risk for DS. So I had an amnio done. Thankfully the amnio showed without a doubt, no problem.
    coder_chick

Answer by coder_chick at 11:47 AM on Sep. 2, 2010