does the army pay for...

when my husband deploys, if i choose to move back near my family, will the army pay for this? or do i have to pay for it myself?

Laura_Cruz

Asked by Laura_Cruz at 11:41 AM on Sep. 2, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Comes out your pocket.
    musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 11:44 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• no I don't think they will
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 11:44 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• I'd ask the Army Personnel office where he's stationed from in the States, they'd be able to tell you in detail.

you could try to google it or ask here, but civvies don't always know all the answers.

Off the top of my head, I'm pretty certain they will only pay for what HE does, not for what you want. For instance, if you have on post housing and choose to move, they won't pay for that, as he's still assigned that Housing and its your personal choice to move. (example)
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 11:45 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Generally speaking, no. There are a few exceptions to this but if you are just wanting to move back home while your husband is deployed then no they will not pay for it.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 11:50 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• No
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 11:51 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• I think that they used to (like back during Desert Storm) but they're trying to encourage people to stay close to the post so that they'll be a part of the FRG and stuff like that
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 11:54 AM on Sep. 2, 2010