do you think i can?

my boyfriend rides 4 wheelers in the woods and i really like going with him and his friends i helped build the suzuki samari that he drives, i am fourteen weeks and do you think it will hurt me to go he thinks that i shouldn't do you think i can? they ride in the woods over trails that can get bumpy, but we are strapped in

jparker289

Asked by jparker289 at 8:11 AM on Oct. 12, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I wouldn't. Hard bumps and jolts like that aren't good. And an accident could be catastrophic. You could do it and be just fine, but why take the risk? So, like I said, I wouldn't.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 8:33 AM on Oct. 12, 2008

• that makes me sad he goes out every night and we love each other very much but there is very little we have in common this is one thing we have now i have lost that at least we are getting a great mirical out of it!!!!!
    jparker289

Answer by jparker289 at 8:44 AM on Oct. 12, 2008

• NO way!!! My mother in law was in aminor accident just a little jolt at 6 mo. preg. at 7 mo they found a blood clot on the babies cord the size of a fist and had to deliver the baby right away. Luckily he was ok but it took a lot of time and the Drs didnt know if the baby would make it. I wouldnt take a chance, its not worth it.
    LRMommyof2

Answer by LRMommyof2 at 11:22 AM on Oct. 12, 2008

• An activity that could pose a risk of falling on you stomach should be avoided. You probably should avoid it because those things have been known to turn over and people have gotten hurt from riding them.
    lawstudentmommy

Answer by lawstudentmommy at 11:30 AM on Oct. 12, 2008

• THANKS GUYS I JUST MISS IT AND WONT BE ABLE TO GO FOR A WHILE MY DOC SAID AT THREE AND FOUR WEEKS IT WAS OK BUT I DIDNT KNOW ABOUT NOW!
    jparker289

Answer by jparker289 at 12:16 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• THAT'S NOT SAFE 4 U OR THE BABY! ANYTHAING COULD HAPPEND 1 WRONG BUMP COULD TAKE A LIFE.
    nikkipooh2007

Answer by nikkipooh2007 at 2:40 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• yeah..that's a dumb ass question...you can't go 4 wheelin', horse back ridin (found that out at only 6 weeks!) can't ride a jet ski or sea doo..can't even get a masage till after 12 weeks. but its kinda common sense
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 2:53 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• besides everyone just bashing you for the question i grew up on a farm and that was our favorite thing to do but you do have to be really really realy careful or just stick to paved roads and dont go to fast i use to go on the roads and my son was fine itswas the only way you could get from one family members land to anothers cause we couldnt take the trackers and well papa wasnt about to let us use his truck lol ..... i wouldnt suggest the whole in the woods thing but paved roads would be ok but talk to you dr first and ask them what they think ...
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 4:24 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• Thanks iloveyall2008, i do not mean that i would be riding in then to try and get hurt or anything they do not go over 15 miles an hour only have two gears, and a samari is just like a tracker, it actually has the same motor... i live in a place that is all farms and a construction land fill, a rock queery and a blasting site. there is nothing else to do i live an hour outside the city of cincinnati in ohio.. everyone knows ohio is all farm land.... if you have nevr done it you wont know
    jparker289

Answer by jparker289 at 9:33 AM on Oct. 13, 2008