i sometimes feel pain under my tummy, or sides of my tummy. i consult my OB Gyne already and she said that there's nothing wrong with me and the baby.. she said that the baby is growing that's why my tummy stretch and feels little pain once in a while. is it really like this?

mommylei1202

Asked by mommylei1202 at 8:20 AM on Oct. 12, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Sounds like round ligament pain. Yep, totally normal. Next time you feel that pain, try this. Stand up and hold onto the wall or a table for balance. On the side that hurts, lift your knee up towards your chest, letting your foot and lower leg dangle straight down toward the floor. Hold it for a minute, then release it back down to the floor. If it's round ligament pain, that should give you some temporary relief.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 8:28 AM on Oct. 12, 2008

• i had the same pain, i doubt anything is wrong.
    SummersMamma

Answer by SummersMamma at 10:07 AM on Oct. 12, 2008

• it could be round ligiment pain, or it could be a bladder infection, has the doc tested u for that?

they thought it was ligiment pain with me too,

but they tested the urine, and it was UTI
    LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 10:55 AM on Oct. 12, 2008

• I had that. I always had this sharp pain in my right hip area. My Dr said it was normal and some women feel it and some don't. Nothing was wrong, it's just from stretching and growing.

natalieg

Answer by natalieg at 1:45 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• i never had ligament pain w my first 2 and im on my 3rd and i get it.. it'll go away after a while. it's not gonna stay with you the whole pregnancy. your stomache is just getting used of being stretched..try streching every day.
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 2:50 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• those lovely stretching pains feel like the worst thing! I remember times when I had to go to the store, the second I would start walking out of the car I felt like I had a stitch in my side from running 18 miles!!! They suck, but they aren't serious. If you can find a safe place to sit down, catch your breath and relax....they should go away. if they don't, then you may want to consult the doctor again....
    Adeline1210

Answer by Adeline1210 at 8:21 PM on Oct. 12, 2008