How do I get my 18 month old to quit biting her fingernails?

I used to bite her nails instead of clipping them, now she has picked up the habit but I do not bite them anymore and have not for months, nor does anyone around her do it. How do I stop this habit?

indysownlilbit

Asked by indysownlilbit at 11:52 AM on Sep. 2, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I stopped my daughter from putting things in her mouth by saying: "Eww that is gross, that isn't food! We only put food in our mouth"
    It worked... she is almost 6 and still doesn't put anything but food in her mouth.
    Mommy2Gabrielle

Answer by Mommy2Gabrielle at 11:56 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• they have this nail polish you can get at wall mart...its called STOP and its justa clear polish that is flavored with cayenne pepper. as long as she doesnt like spicey stuff it might work. it stopped my daughter at 2.
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 11:57 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• I used that no bite stuff with my 6 year old when he was about 14 months not sure if it is still out there but its a spicy pepper flavored almost like nail polish and it really worked! good luck!
    kcangel3303

Answer by kcangel3303 at 12:05 PM on Sep. 2, 2010