Why cant people philosophize on here? It seems if the questions arent simple they cant get their head around it and are rude to the poster

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:33 AM on Oct. 12, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• there is no call for rudness at all ever. I wonder if they are asking for a clear question so they can answer . some use these questions to not ask a question but to just put forth an opinion which in my opinion belongs in a journal.
    Lyndall

Answer by Lyndall at 8:46 AM on Oct. 12, 2008

• This is funny. I was just observing how many responses the Angeline Jolie post has gotten. That's some deep issue there. LOL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:47 AM on Oct. 12, 2008

• A very intelligent friend of mine said that 85% of the population can't think beyond simple math and general life. Of the 15% that can think, only 5% puts in the effort to read and stay informed, to study and continue learning, and to try to see both side of any question so they can evaluate their opinion.. Most people, once they have made up their minds about something, can't or won't change their opinion.
    MimiL

Answer by MimiL at 8:52 AM on Oct. 12, 2008

• I think the PPs hit it. Most people have a ready made opinion and give their answers in a knee jerk response. If the question requires that they think about their opinion it just confuses them. Also I think the biggest obstacle is that a lot of people skim through questions/posts/journals. They don't take the time to actually read all of it. So important or defining information is lost.
    Liansmommie

Answer by Liansmommie at 9:31 AM on Oct. 12, 2008

• I wish I could answer that question for you. I like to seek out questions that require more than just pat answers. But, often if it isn't the generic answer or the answer people like, we get nasty messages. Or often the original question being discussed gets disregarded and hate speal gets thrown around. Which, I believe in turn discourages those of us who would like to have slightly more thoughtful conversations from posting for them. Or maybe it could be as simple as being limited to 1000 characters to give a full thought to something makes it too difficult to answer haha.
    alwaysathomemom

Answer by alwaysathomemom at 9:47 AM on Oct. 12, 2008

• I agree with Mimi but you have to understand too that people are more "brave" to say things on a message board then in person. Since no one really knows anyone else (especially anons), then people don't necessarily think twice about what they type.
    lil_angel00

Answer by lil_angel00 at 10:10 AM on Oct. 12, 2008

• example, please. I would love to "wrap my head around" something.
    manna1qd

Answer by manna1qd at 10:48 AM on Oct. 12, 2008

• i'm having trouble wrapping my head around this question!
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 11:26 AM on Oct. 12, 2008

• Welcome to human existence. Since the dawn of language, there have been those that think and speak, those that listen and think, and those that listen and get angry. Natural human response to conflict is "my way or the highway". Not to say there isn't a bit of rational, exsitancial thought in all of us, but its easier to go with instinct.

The only thing that's changed in the world since the stone age is technology and fashion.
    MamaLion82007

Answer by MamaLion82007 at 5:03 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

maybe is not an issue to you. but breatsfeeding and teh right to breast feed in public is an issued to many moms.
    Anonymous