Please tell me even you Obama-supporters do not agree with this!

Usually I stay out of politics, especially discussions about Obama because it's all just so hateful and depressing. But, seriously, I just read about Obama suggesting that military vet's private insurance pay for their war-related injuries. ARE YOU KIDDING ME? What kind of master and commander would suggest abandoning his men that way? Only one who has never been in the military, obviously. It makes me really sad and disgusted to think about it.

Adelicious

Asked by Adelicious at 11:57 AM on Sep. 2, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I remember reading about this when the HCB was all over the news, and I just couldn't wrap my brain around why our President would even think this is a good idea? Even a horrible one like him. I work in medical billing and have dealt with Tricare for Life, and if it's a pain for the providers to deal with, I can only imagine what members have to deal with. We actually have one person in each of our regions who does nothing but work TFL claims. I think our military should get the best health care benefits, and our vets shouldn't have to worry about getting a war related injury covered. Yes, everyone who joins the military is making a choice to do so, but it's the most honorable choice in my opinion.
    Journey311

Answer by Journey311 at 10:16 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Why should their AFTER military insurance company have to cover this? The injuries were "on the job" AND the patient was covered by Tri-Care or the equivilent at the time.

If you suffered long term job related injuries would you want to just get dumped?

What would you expect from a man that has never worn the uniform and has no respect for those that do?
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 12:44 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• and see, what happens is, someone posts a question like this, or makes a comment to a friend, and suddenly everyone assumes that Obama doesn't want the government to pay for our vets' injuries. When that really isn't the case - he was trying to move some of the money that was being used for vets' medical care from the US to the vets' insurance companies, so that he could use more of the govt's money for OTHER things FOR VETS. I'm not saying it was a good idea, I'm just saying it isn't as simple as "Obama doesn't want to pay for vets' injuries," which is of course what people will assume.
    FelipesMom

Answer by FelipesMom at 12:15 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• gertie, you have proof Obama served in the military?? Please provide me with a link. You have proof he has respect for the military? Please provide a link for that as well. I am a military wife of a commanding officer and I can tell you Obama doesn't give a rats ass about the military. I can provide numerous incidents within just a few wings and/or units/squadrons.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 2:43 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• "Considering that our veterans were PROMISED free medical care for life for themselves and their families it's already an insult that Congress has never once considered making good on that promise ~ "

Never once, indeed.. my husband is a vet and was turned away by the VA for treatment of a non-service related injury.

Our military deserves a LOT better than they've ever gotten.

Answer by gdiamante at 4:04 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• cause it PERSONALLY affects our loved ones, and while your military man might not be complaining, there are many others who are complaining.

Yes, there is many in active military who ARE complaining.

tyme4me2day

Answer by tyme4me2day at 1:32 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Considering that our veterans were PROMISED free medical care for life for themselves and their families it's already an insult that Congress has never once considered making good on that promise ~ and it's beyond insult that the CinC would even think (let alone propose) that they pick up supplemental insurance and pay for their own medical expenses so that Congress can spend more money on garbage than on our military.

The same goes for those who are now AD and Reserves ~ they not only deserve the BEST care (far better than anything anyone in Congress gets), but they should NOT be paying for it. No one in Congress is getting shot at, dodging IDE's, or living in sweltering/freezing tents and eating slop. Ted Kennedy should have had NO better care or consideration than the lowest ranking military member ~ and it makes me literally ill that he could waltz off for state of the art/up to the minute care for his twisted old self.
    Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 2:23 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• cont. ~ The only thing he is noteworthy for is getting away with murder and still finding people stupid enough to keep on electing him to represent them. Even the two years he did pull in the Army were a joke. He only signed up because he was expelled from Harvard, and he got his daddy to drop his enlistment from four years to two.

If only two years of lackluster service is good enough for the type of care he received than those who have been wounded, permanently damaged, or are daily facing being shot at should be just as good or better.

The man who is pretending to be both our president and the CinC should have been tossed into the nearest used privy the instant he came up with that idea.
    Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 2:30 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Now, there's our health care reform - in your face and what it really will be like.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 4:55 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• link for supporting information please
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 12:01 PM on Sep. 2, 2010