taking off diaper

my 15 month old has recently started taking off his diaper and going to the bathroom wherever lol is it time to start potty training?

kcangel3303

Asked by kcangel3303 at 11:58 AM on Sep. 2, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Yes it is time, he wants to be a big boy he just needs some direction. That is so exciting! God luck it looks like its going to be a breeze with this one!
    AngelEyva

Answer by AngelEyva at 12:00 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• What a great start! Good luck, it sure seems like he is ready :)
    Mommy2Gabrielle

Answer by Mommy2Gabrielle at 12:01 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Defiately time to potty train!!!
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 12:02 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• yes!!!!!
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 12:03 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• I was totally baffled I have a 6 year old but he never did this lol I had him totally trained just before he turned 3 so I was thinking this was way too early but had had to resort to putting the diaper on backwards with the 15 month old as he keeps doing it lol he loves flushing the toilet any chance he can get into the bathroom lol
    kcangel3303

Comment by kcangel3303 (original poster) at 12:04 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Uhmm... my son's been doing that for a long time. Actually started at 6 months (with velcro) and then started taking the snaps off around 14-15 months... he's MILES away from PLing. I actually do scoop him up if he's naked and does the "poop squat" and put him on the toilet and he usually just squirms to get down. It's not a sign he wants to PL... he's just learned he can do something new, something that gets moms attention and a good reaction, AND he gets to be naked. He's now either naked, or wearing a diaper AND shorts...

Oh, and he loves the potty too. Fascinated by it... watches dad and big brother pee and "helps" me by breaking off toilet paper and throwing it in the back. Still not ready to PL... He couldn't communicate to me the need to go yet and he's way too little to sit on the toilet by himself.

The earlier you start, the longer it takes. Wait until he's ready and it will be easy.
    LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 12:14 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Yes I think so.
    MelissasMommy08

Answer by MelissasMommy08 at 3:05 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• yes it is when they start understand what there doin when it comes to the potty its time
    Runt420

Answer by Runt420 at 4:48 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• mine did this for a while and didnt potty train till a yr later. we had to put diaper on backwards them eventually duct tape it !
    harris4

Answer by harris4 at 8:38 PM on Sep. 13, 2010