Does it bother you when things are misspelled in questions?

I might be a snot... but bad grammar and tons of misspellings drive me nuts! I mentally correct everything, LOL

SAHMomOf3

Asked by SAHMomOf3 at 12:03 PM on Sep. 2, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Yes! It drives me crazy, but I realize that this is just a message board and that sometimes people are typing in a hurry, some have babies on their laps. I mentally correct everything as well, but I'm sure I've had my fair share of typos!
    motherofpearls

Answer by motherofpearls at 12:07 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• If it's just one little typo, I might not even spot it, I really don't look for them ... but when the post is terrible to even try to read due to lack of punctuation and capitalization and tons of spelling errors? Yes, it bothers me. A LOT!
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 12:05 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Yes it does, lol.
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 12:07 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• I do if I can tell they really didn't just make "a typo", but, rather just have no clue. My son is worse than I am. He corrects everyone including his teachers for bad grammar, spelling and punctuation.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:09 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• It bugs me when it is obviously not a typo but huge grammatical and/or spelling problems. There is spell check on here at the very least. Is it the end of my good mood for the day - no. At least typing and grammar are not another "am I pregnant?" question.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 12:18 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• It bothers me so much!!!!!
    I nderstand how you feel! I hate that and if it a stupid question too I will just come out and corrrect it for them and point out the stupidity! I HATE that!
    amber710

Answer by amber710 at 1:42 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Nope... people make mistakes, why stress over it?
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 12:07 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• No. It doesn't bother me at all. Unless its texting type* or big time slang/slurs' I don't get so I can't Help!. But otherwise I think perhaps this mom is hurrying, ill, down, doing too much, have a baby on her lap. Have something urgent and we're her only source of info. or source of adult content! I'm very forgiving! Plus+ I know I misspell when I have a migraine! Or like spell check for me doesn't work! I have Chemo related neuropathy and Can't even type right! I try to be kind, caring and helpful! Everyone makes errors some how sometime! Or instead of spell checking yourself you hit submit and it accidentally goes through!.. Opps' misspellings, I'm Sorry! I've come here a time or two with serious issues. I needed hep and I get scolded for misspelling. That's not what I need! That's not what anyone needs! I practice compassion, care and to me: Nice Matters!!
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 12:11 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• sometimes but not always, sometimes when ppl post questions they are upset or may be in a hurry and typos occur. the ones that get me are the easy words spelled wrong intentionally. like good spelled gud, what spelled wat or wut. i have chewed out some friends on facebook or in text messages because of their ghetto slang. it shouldnt take me 15 minutes to try and comprehend one sentence, and i shouldnt have to say it out loud to get it. if my 5 yr old can spell those words then any adult should be able to also.
    gothmama91

Answer by gothmama91 at 12:12 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• others things to worry about
    some people just type really fast and click "Go" before they realize it
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 12:25 PM on Sep. 2, 2010