Do you get along with your in-laws?

I can't stand mine, especially my MIL. She's a major control freak, and is constantly causing problems in my life. Any horrid MIL stories out there?

SAHMomOf3

Asked by SAHMomOf3 at 12:07 PM on Sep. 2, 2010 in Relationships

• EFF no! lol
    To be fair I have tried but they are not interested. Heck with em :)
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 12:08 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• I don't have a MIL, just a FIL
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 12:08 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• to be honest i get along with them well enough considering my MIL is an alcoholic and my FIL is a womanizer!
    MummoloMom2010

Answer by MummoloMom2010 at 12:23 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• I HATED my MIL for a few years after I married my DH. He is a only child, so she was horrid in the beginning. She would call him crying,because she fell and hurt herself,or her husband was being an ass. Of course, he would run straight there. He was a momma's boy. She would treat me like crap whenever ppl were around. One day, we were having a family dinner, and I was feeding my son,and she was treating me like I was a child. I snapped. Right there in front of every one. I told her off..then I sat back down and finished feeding my child.. From that day on, we get along. Actually, I get along better now with her than I do with my own family.. I even call her more than her own son does. I love my MIL......

So maybe you just need to show her you are not going to take her mess any more....
    MzGeorgiaPeach

Answer by MzGeorgiaPeach at 12:30 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• I love my MIL as much as my own mom!!!

I can't stand my FIL though. Thank god they aren't married to eachother anymore!
    ToriBabe1221

Answer by ToriBabe1221 at 12:46 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Yes my in laws are super cool and my MIL spoils me.
    AnasMommy7

Answer by AnasMommy7 at 1:04 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Must be nice! My MIL has three boys, of which my son is the youngest. She thinks she can control all of them, and gets pissed off when I put my foot down (because he never will). Most recently, she has invited herself on a trip we are taking. The sh*ts about to hit the fan...my hubby refuses to say anything to her, even though she is now trying to plan the whole day. We had planned a relaxing visit to his grandparents' house, and now MIL is trying to plan all this stuff (mind you, we'll already be traveling three hours to visit them. Our kids will already be cranky). I want to punch her.
    SAHMomOf3

Comment by SAHMomOf3 (original poster) at 3:21 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• For the most part I do get along with my mil, I really like and get along well with hubs youngest sis, her husband and hubs sil (brother's wife). I love the niece and nephews and we are blessed with great nieces and a great nephew. I cannot stand hubs oldest sis- she is a drunk who likes to cause drama and trouble. Hubs brother can be a jerk at times so I am not that fond of him.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 3:53 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• my x mil hated her and still do. X fil is two faced but tolerateable.
    My new mil hate her we dont speak and my new fil i love him!
    seasnakesc

Answer by seasnakesc at 3:59 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• yes
    mcgoldricswife

Answer by mcgoldricswife at 9:34 PM on Sep. 2, 2010