A drunk neighbor calls when she has problems for your DH. Let him go or not?

Each time this neighbor gets drunk and has problems she calls for DH. Be it After 1 am, 2 am, 3 am Etc.. She needs DH to help her out! Do you let him go or not? What would you do? Is this a neighborly thing to do?

Angellinda

Asked by Angellinda at 12:14 PM on Sep. 2, 2010 in Relationships

• Let? He's an adult.
    But I would try to explain why I'm less than thrilled about the idea and attempt to talk him out of going. But in the end its up to him. He's a grown man.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 12:16 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Is she crushing on him? I wouldn't let him go until the next day and if she gives off horny vibes than she can find a different handy man.
    modaddict17

Answer by modaddict17 at 12:16 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• If it were me, I would tell him that she had called AGAIN, stressing the AGAIN, and let him decide what to do. That is not to say, I would not tell him I did not like this even one tiny bit, and he needed to deal with it before I did.
    I would probably also say something to her about it, not something really mean, but something like, you know I don't mind my DH coming to help you, but next time you have a problem, could you try and call when we are not in bed!
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 12:20 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• No I don't think so, she needs to handle her own affairs and especially at that hour. It looks like it's become a habit.
    musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 12:21 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• I would say let her handle her own problems. It is enabling her drinking problem. She is prob calling because he will help her. When someone starts saying no she will jsut start calling someone else. She is creating her own problems..he needs to tell her he cant help her and eventually she will give up and call someone else. I would ignore her calls if I were you.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 12:22 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• if id answer id tell her to stop calling so late/early and to find someone else to help her, make a point that i would be very displeased to my dh about him going. i have zero sympathy over people who drink themselves stupid, if the are dumb enough to get themselves into a predicament then they can figure it out on there own. and guaranteed i would be very livid with her if she kept callin and askin for my dh, and if he continued to go and help her at ungodly hours despite my feelings toward the situation he would be finding a new place to call home. i see it as he is married to me and not her so i better be his # one priority outside of the kids obviously
    gothmama91

Answer by gothmama91 at 12:22 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• It is extremely inappropriate that she would call another woman's husband at 1 a.m. to do anything for her at all. If she were unlucky enough to have me answer, I'd hang up. Then when she sobered up she would get told to lose our number. But I really don't see my husband getting out of bed in the middle of the night to help a drunk neighbor get out of whatever mess she kept getting herself into.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 1:00 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• I don't need to explain my answer. It's a big fat NO.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 1:02 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• My hubs is an adult and free to do what he wants, but I would make my feelings known to him on the subject. When she calls and is drunk I would say "sorry we are busy if this is an emergency call 911" hang up on her and then turn the phone off. I would make it a point to talk to her when she is sober and tell her that I don't appreciate her drunken phone calls at all hours, and that she better find someone else to call because MY husband is busy!
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 1:58 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• i would allow my husband to do what he feels. my husband is about service and i wouldn't take that away from him. in our belief in our church we are to help others and i don't think if it were something serious other then her flirting that i would keep him from helping out. i may not like it but i wouldn't be the one to make him stop.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 2:22 PM on Sep. 2, 2010