the ways christians damage sex

A great article from one of my favorite magazines :)

http://www.relevantmagazine.com/life/relationship/features/22742-4-ways-christians-damage-sex

elizabiza

Asked by elizabiza at 12:26 PM on Sep. 2, 2010 in Religious Debate

• Ok, I actually read the article now. Honestly, eilizabiza, I don't see how the article or anyone else can tie the ways that "Sex is Damaged" to Christians. I was raised in a Christian household, I am still a Christian person, However I was also raised to believe that sex without love was not the way to go, but sex with someone you loved was amazing! And, I do talk with friends and family about sex (and yeah, most of them are Christian too), do I go into graphic details about me and my DH, no, but that has to do with respecting our privacy, lol. And, I would say the 10 books about lust versus one about sex is the publication industry paired with author's fault. And, as for the crayon box being small, I guess that box is defined by the individual! Because, I am and always have been a Christian, and I was born and raised to believe that Sex was a part of life, an awesome part when you were with the right person!
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 1:00 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• lol, my faith has nothing to do with my sex life, either.

where's the question in this, though?
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 12:34 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• I thought this was a section for questions. Huh, guess I was wrong, because I do not see a question here.
    Oh, and by the way, Christians just like anyone else, can have amazing sex lives.
    If you are having problems in that area, I would say it is more likely the judgemental attitude you display here so nicely than it is a Christian damaging your sex life, lol.
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 12:36 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• lol ya the day I let a religion control my sex life....aint gonna happen lol
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 12:27 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Um, christanity has NOTHING to do with my sex life lol
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 12:31 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• did i just cross over into the journal's section, or are you going to post opinions all day?
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 12:33 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• I do not let my religion dictate my sex life, including BC. I am still in shock people actually will not use BC b/c their church is against, thinks it is a sin,etc. I would never in a million years want my pastor to discuss BC with me!lol
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 12:37 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• hmm...must be an old Christian problem. i dont know any young Christians that have damaged sex lives. or that have any problems that were listed in the article.

and just a FYI, next time throw in a "what do you think about this?" so you will be asking a question...technically haha
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 12:41 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• elizabiza

Comment by elizabiza (original poster) at 12:27 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Interesting. I encountered a lot of those things as a Christian - guilt, guilt and more guilt because that was the only context that sex was ever discussed in, to in force abstinence - it really is sad.

Nsbgirl

Answer by Nsbgirl at 12:39 PM on Sep. 2, 2010