How can I potty train my 21 month old daughter?!?!?

My daughter is showing strong signs of being ready to potty train, such as telling me when she has gone peepee or poo, and being very curious about when mommy potty’s in the toilet. The problem, I don't know where to start being a first time mom?!?!? Any tips and or advice would be greatly appreciated!!!

HMHUTSON

Asked by HMHUTSON at 9:44 AM on Oct. 12, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• lol i don't think that's gunna happen.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:05 AM on Oct. 12, 2008

• Go straight for big girl panties. I only use pull ups at night for bedtime. You might have more lanundry for awhile but oh well. Give her a book to look at while she is there. If she is already telling you that is great. When I first started I would take her once and hour and had her at least sit on there. Some kids do better with the little potty chairs and some like the seat cushion that goes on the big potty. you will have to figure out which one works best for you. Also make a chart and everytime she goes on the potty give her a sticker. This did the trick for my daughter. I told her if she filled the chart she would get a special prize.
    discoverytoygal

Answer by discoverytoygal at 11:18 AM on Oct. 12, 2008

• Let her run around naked & put her on the toilet every 20 minutes... when she starts to pee on the toilet, praise her (treats/stickers are optional) and then after a couple of days start putting her in big girl undies.
    crazysocks830

Answer by crazysocks830 at 12:25 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• Those are both GREAT answers! I did the same with my 2 big kids and plan to do the same with #3 whens hes ready. Potty training take time and consistency. try your best not to switch back and forth between diapers and undies. I only used the pullups at night also. and that was only for about 2 weeks until they stayed dry ay night. It is a little frustrating for you at first. But just remember she is new at this concept of being a "big girl" and the reward for you is NO MORE DIAPRES!!!! Yea!!! Good luck!
    CoreyLynn

Answer by CoreyLynn at 3:24 PM on Oct. 12, 2008