My daughter wants to date and dont want me to tell her father

my daughter is 131/2 yrs old and I the boy is 18yrs old I dont like this because he is too old for her. Yet I want her to be able to come to me for anything thats on her mind to talk.Well I dont want her to date anyone but I know she's a teenager and wants more freedom.What should I do.

Monalisa38

Asked by Monalisa38 at 12:28 PM on Sep. 2, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• do NOT let your 13 year old with an 18 year old, are you kidding me!?!?
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 12:30 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• I absolutely would not keep that from the father--you two are a team and need to work together. I personally think an 18 year old boy is way to old for a 13 year old girl.. He will be thinking about sex and talking about it with her even if she isn't ready. I wouldn't let her do it..
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 12:31 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• That's a bad combo and you shouldn't keep secrets from your partner. Let him come to your house and they can watch a movie in the living room where you are an earshot away.
    modaddict17

Answer by modaddict17 at 12:32 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• The you and your husband as well as you daughter need to come in agree on what age is appropriate to beginning date. A meeting is in order.

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 12:32 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• No way would a 13 year old date a 18 years. I believe that is illegal.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 12:32 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• yikes, idk what to say because teens will do what they want regardless of how their parents feel about it. but be sure to let her know that you think he's too old & you will notify the authorities if he oversteps the lines.
    rAbella

Answer by rAbella at 12:32 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• and you HAVE to tell her dad.
    rAbella

Answer by rAbella at 12:33 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• All teens want freedom....so what? Geez you WANT to be a grandmother young or what?

Are you afraid she wont love you if you say no...or wont be your "friend"

13 is still a young child....18 is on the verge of a man....a man who has very strong desires!!!!!!!
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 12:33 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Your house, your rules. In my house 13 is way to young to date. We had a 'rule of two's" in the teen years they were not allowed to date anyone more than 2 yrs older or 2 yrs younger. An 18 yr old only has one thing on his mind when it comes to 13 and 14 yr old girls. Mine were not allowed to single date until they were 16. At 14 they could go on group dates in limited places. The 'don't tell Da' is a deal breaker for me. We don't roll that way. We stand united in fron tof the kids. To hide something from the other parent undermines them. If your daughter felt this was the 'right' thing to do she would not ask you to hide it from Dad.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 12:33 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• I understand that you want her to be able to come to you with anything, but that does not meanthat you have to condone everything!!! It is NOT appropriate for an 18 year old to date a 13 year old. You can still have a wonderful, open relationship with your daughter even if you do have limits and expectations.
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 12:34 PM on Sep. 2, 2010