memory loss at 34?

I forgot my address two days in a row, & only remember it when my hubby told me it.. I couldn't remember how old I was about a week ago until my kid told me.. k at first I thought stress, but now I am worried.. I would have forgotten my baby was in the car if my other kid reminded me.. I have to set a reminder calendar on my phone for everything.. my migraines keep getting worse.

maiahlynn

Asked by maiahlynn at 12:29 PM on Sep. 2, 2010 in Health

• please see your dr
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 12:31 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Honey, you need to see a doctor, this is not normal at your age, go see a neurologist and tell him your symptoms, hopefully it will be nothing, but you need to address this now.

Answer by older at 12:32 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• lol, I'm 22 and I constantly have to ask my husband what our phone number is! I tend to forget EVERYTHING! I think it's a mommy thing...
    shaysmommy5810

Answer by shaysmommy5810 at 12:35 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• yes, please have a checkup as soon as you can.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 12:35 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Have you had any severe head injuries in the past? Concussions, etc?

My mother had these same issues. She started keeping a journal to record "incidents" over the course of several years. On her 50th birthday, they diagnosed her with Early Onset Alzheimer's. We now know this was a misdiagnosis. My mom lacks the ability to produce a particular brain hormone that regulates short-term memory. They put her on a medication to replace that hormone and she's is MUCH better than she was.

We think her memory issues are related to the repeated concussions she has had over the last 30 or so years, although due to family history, Alzheimer's is a concern and something we will be watching her for.

I would suggest keeping a journal as well, as well as making an appt to see your doctor. Take the journal with you - s/he may ask to see it and it will help provide insight into how to help you.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 12:35 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• I am so sorry, I didn't read this question all the way through....I wasn't reading the seriousness in it. I agree with the other ladies, do go see a doctor. Hope you get to feeling better :)
    shaysmommy5810

Answer by shaysmommy5810 at 12:36 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• yes I was in a car accident late 1999 since then its been a slow roll down hill.. I just saw my doctor & am scared he may think I am nuts..
    but me & my ex share a kid I have her every mon, wed, fri-saturday & i cried when I forgot to pick her up once my hubby reminded me thank GOD.. I lose my keys daily.. I have to call nicor , att&t & comed just to see if i have paid them.. I am under alot of stress true.. but come on.. I can't tell the doctor I forgot my baby in the car he my tell DCFS & I'll get my kids taken away.. so how do I talk to him without getting myself in trouble.
    maiahlynn

Comment by maiahlynn (original poster) at 12:43 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• There are enough issues to discuss that you don't need to mention the baby. Take care of yourself. There might be an simple remedy for this.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 12:47 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Have you been doing any strict dieting? Sometimes going to far with dieting will cause vitamin deficiency that contribute to memory loss. If so this is reversible with proper nutrition. Good luck!!
    SabrinaBean

Answer by SabrinaBean at 12:52 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• definitely see your doc but also try to get more sleep than you have been...even if you think youre getting enough...i have memory issues if i dont get plenty of sleep.
    mamagee1218

Answer by mamagee1218 at 1:02 PM on Sep. 2, 2010