Do you think a convicted fellon can change?

Would you marry one?
Would you allow them around your children?
Would you trust them?
Why would you or wouldn't you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:34 PM on Sep. 2, 2010 in Relationships

• Convicted doesn't exactly mean they did it.
    GinNTonic

Answer by GinNTonic at 12:35 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Would depend on what they did. The only ones I don't believe can change are the sex offenders
    crystalhuskey

Answer by crystalhuskey at 12:35 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Depends on MANY circumstances
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 12:37 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Do you think a convicted fellon can change? Yes

Would you marry one? Yes i would if i wasn't already married and then i fell in love with one. & if i felt comfortable with him being around my children.

Would you allow them around your children? depends on what the offense was & how well i knew him, if i felt comfortable, etc.

Would you trust them? yes, if i got to know him well enough, i could eventually trust him

Why would you or wouldn't you? because i just believe people can change and that people make mistakes.
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 12:36 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Anyone can change, it's a matter of risk assessment. What kind of felony? If it is sexual, or violent in any way..they would have to find someone besides me to trust them. Would I willingly expose my children to them...a teenager maybe, for a relity check. It would be unlikely that I would persue a relationship with a felon, but I do believe people can clean up their life.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 12:37 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

Would you marry one? Depends on what they did
    Would you allow them around your children? Depends on what they did
    Would you trust them? Depends on what they did
    Why would you or wouldn't you? Depends on what they did..
    --Murder--that would scare me
    --Retail Theft--I wouldn't be scared
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 12:39 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Do you think a convicted fellon can change?
    depends on the person some can some can't I know plenty that have changed and I know plenty that haven't !

Would you marry one? that is hard to say yes I married one but I know the whole story behind his

Would you allow them around your children? Depends I have convicted felons for family some of them I refuse to acknowledge at all other baby sit for me lol it depends on how they are doing I do not put my children at risk but I also look at how they have or are betteing themselves not just at their past
    Would you trust them? trust is earned no the day they get out I wouldn't say hey heres my keys and kids and purse but I would give them a chance to prove they have or are chaging
    Why would you or wouldn't you?I would because I grew up that way lol I have been around felons my whole life not my parents but cousins aunts uncles etc. I think that anyone can change if they wan
    msh88

Answer by msh88 at 12:45 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• What did they do? Rape? Murder? NO
    Would you marry one? yes
    Would you allow them around your children? yes, as I said, if it wasn't rape or murder
    Would you trust them? sure
    Obviously this would be situational. I would have to know everything about what they did, why, and how they have changed. A young guys stupid mistakes don't necessarily mean they can't grow into good men.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 12:40 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• To answer to all that is it depends. Everyone can change and not go back to their old ways, if they, themselves want to change and if they stick to it.
    AnasMommy7

Answer by AnasMommy7 at 12:42 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• yes
    yes
    yes
    yes
    why would i 'yes' to four questions? because no two felonies are alike. there are tons of different offenses that can led to felony charges. and people can/do change. you're lumping every convicted/? into the same batch of whatever you personally feel is outrageously terrible and unforgiveable/reprehensible. you don't know for sure that the person you buy groceries from, or fixes your car, or fumigates your house against pests is not a felon. felons come in all shapes/sizes/convictions.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 12:41 PM on Sep. 2, 2010