Moderate period cramps when pregnant

I don't remember this from my first pregnancy. I mean I had light cramps for the first few weeks, but not as strong as what I'm feeling. These cramps aren't totally intense, but it feels just like a period. Did anyone else experience this? I go to the doctor's later today, hopefully it's not bad news....

kaylan010

Asked by kaylan010 at 12:35 PM on Sep. 2, 2010 in Pregnancy

• It's normal and the more pregnancies you have the more uncomfortable they are. I am on baby #3 right now and this is my 5th pregnancy.
    AnasMommy7

Answer by AnasMommy7 at 12:43 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Yes!
    Melissa823

Answer by Melissa823 at 12:44 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Yep and with each one they seemed to get stronger.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 12:48 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Yes, I still had period cramps for when I was suppose to get my peried when I was pregnant with Samuel. It should be all good, but definitely still go to the doctor to ease your mind!
    SparklingHope

Answer by SparklingHope at 12:51 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• How far along are you? Are they getting worse? How long has it been doing it? I need more information to feel confortable giving you an answer.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 2:49 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• I didn't have any cramps with my first pregnancy. I'm now 39 weeks into my 2nd and I've had cramps nearly the whole time. Definitely bring it up with your Dr just to put you at ease. I know that if they're sharp and painful and located in just one area or have any bleeding with it, call your Dr to see if they want you to come in. Mine have been fairly constant and felt like strong period cramps - my Dr said it's just from the uterus stretching out or the baby moving. I actually bought another copy of "What to Expect" for this pregnancy and just use it as a quick reference to look up anything weird I'm feeling which helped put me at ease.
    Autumn317

Answer by Autumn317 at 7:48 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• My doctor told me the best way to prevent from cramping is to drink 3 bottles of water a day and also rest when the cramping starts.
    ladyambition

Answer by ladyambition at 12:16 AM on Sep. 3, 2010