What age does babies normally start to sit up on their own?

sugarlips50705

Asked by sugarlips50705 at 10:43 PM on Jun. 18, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Every baby is different but mine started at around 7 1/2 months.
    surfarosa25

Answer by surfarosa25 at 10:47 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• Since all babies are different they will go on different schedules. My oldest sat up around 4months. My middle child at 3, and my youngest was also 3 months. Just always encourage them and they will do it when their ready.
    TwistedMama27

Answer by TwistedMama27 at 10:47 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• my son is almost 6 months and his dr said sometime soon he should be able to, my nephew is also 6 months and he is sitting up pretty well without assistance- basically somewhere around 6 months i think :)
    jessijohns

Answer by jessijohns at 10:48 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• Malachi is 6 months old and can sit up but only does it for a couple of minutes and falls over. Just wondered if that was normal.
    sugarlips50705

Answer by sugarlips50705 at 10:57 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• my sone sat up pretty good by 4 months. But it really can vary a lot, with physical stuff.
    masesmom

Answer by masesmom at 11:32 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• 4-6 months is the standard...but all babies reach different milestones at different times. I have found with my little guys that they are working at one problem at a time..If they were learning to walk...their language skills may be behind. There is a great book called "What to expect the 1st year" it is by the same author as "What to expect when you are expecting". I had 2 copies of this book as I wore it out. It can be very re-assuring when you have concerns.
    MommasCooCoo

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 11:40 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• every baby is different so dont compair yours to others! its usually between 4-6 mo. there is a great site to answer this question: www.howkidsdevelop.com i used it to research development to make my learnign time schedules.
    hendrickson

Answer by hendrickson at 12:39 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• 6 months-ish
    crazysocks830

Answer by crazysocks830 at 1:33 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• I can't remember exactly when Julia did - it was probably close to 6 months. I got her a bumbo chair when she was 3 months to help her learn.
    mteren

Answer by mteren at 9:58 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• My daughter started to sit up on her own at 5 months old and now at 7 months she is pulling herself up to sit up.
    Babyduche

Answer by Babyduche at 12:13 PM on Jun. 19, 2008