where should i take it?

I have 3 bags of clothes to donate... but cant decide where I wanna take it..

Local thrift store?
Salvation army?
Goodwill?

A bag to each place? Lol

I know, I know.. I'm making this more difficult than needed. LOL.

Help!?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:48 PM on Sep. 2, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I'd go with Salvation Army. A lot of times when a homeless person is looking for a job, they offer them vouchers to get clothing from there. I think it's a great place.
    shaysmommy5810

Answer by shaysmommy5810 at 12:49 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• I'd suggest Goodwill, only because the local Goodwills (here anyway) will recycle what clothes they can't sell. Other places toss them in the landfill. Last year, they recycled 16 TONS of clothing.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 12:50 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Goodwill.
    AnasMommy7

Answer by AnasMommy7 at 12:50 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• A bag to each place makes it "even". All to one place makes it easier for you. You might want to take it to whichever would help your local community the most.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 12:51 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• I would try a Homeless/Battered womens shelter or Orphanage first. Then, one to each of your choices if the other doesn't workout.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:54 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• I would do one to each.. unless its a serious hassle.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 12:56 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• we donate everything to goodwill because it's on the way to my husbands job. it's going to a terrific place no matter what. just drop it somewhere as soon as u can!
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 12:56 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• We take ours to the local women & childrens shelter. Most times, battered women leave with nothing but their children and the clothes on their backs. Our shelter even takes small appliances, kitchenware...just about anything to help supply women and children with a new start.
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 1:11 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Goodwill. We give and shop there.
    amber710

Answer by amber710 at 1:31 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Choose the one that helps women who have been abuse,
    In our city there is a abuse shelter that takes the moms with kids in and they have nothing but the clothes on their back. They especially need clothes for applying for jobs.

Also, did you know that DENIM CAN BE USED FOR INSULATION and it is used by Habitat for Humanity? A very good cause!

Or watch the news and locate a family whose house may have just burned and has nothing. At least you know first hand that you
    are helping someone in need and who is suffering.

Call a local church and get a referral of someone in need.
    JOCKEYP2PMOM

Answer by JOCKEYP2PMOM at 2:07 PM on Sep. 2, 2010