sleeping and legs

I am 42 years old and lately when try to get to sleep I notice my legs cramp up. Anyone have answers or something to try except bengay rub.

momindiana

Asked by momindiana at 12:54 PM on Sep. 2, 2010 in Health

• my mother in law goes through same thing. She take walks to wear them out - not kidding either. LONG walks. I used vicks during my pregnancy to ease the pain.
    shaysmommy5810

Answer by shaysmommy5810 at 12:55 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Oh that's too bad. I'm in unbearable pain. I'm sorry for you! Have you seen a Dr. for this? I'm unsure what else you can do!? Some thing with capsasin? Good luck!
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 12:55 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• I can tell you I have the same thing and I found some thing that really works. Honey and apple cider vinegar. You can find it in pill form or just take 1 TSB of each and swallow it down or make it like a tea hot water 2 TBS of honey and 1 TBS of apple cider vinegar at bed time. Works in a very short time.
    SassyDee01963

Answer by SassyDee01963 at 1:01 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Bananas. Your potassium might be low. I know that when I was in school and playing sports (yes, a long time ago) my coach always told me to eat a ton of bananas. Hope it helps.
    christy_lvr

Answer by christy_lvr at 1:04 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• My S/O always told me my legs cramped up for lack of potassium also.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 1:10 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• My S/O always told me when I had leg cramps it was lack of potassium also, so go for the bananas.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 1:11 PM on Sep. 2, 2010