does anyone hate when people you bareley know try and kiss and touch your baby

i hate this more than anything , people who smoke and bareley know us grab my babies hands and face and sometimes randomly kiss them , how do i deal with this without being downright rude

maymummy

Asked by maymummy at 12:58 PM on Sep. 2, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I always struggled with this so I got one of those stop sign keychains that hang from the carrier that say, "please wash your hands first" it seems to scare some people away lol
    kaylan010

Answer by kaylan010 at 1:00 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• YES! it's gross! babies get sick so easily too!!!
    shaysmommy5810

Answer by shaysmommy5810 at 1:00 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Just tell them umm. she just got over a cold and please don't touch her.
    tryin2BGOOD

Answer by tryin2BGOOD at 1:01 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• I just tell them to not touch my baby. My baby my rules.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 1:02 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• with my dd's I was usually rude lol I'm not one to politely say please don't I;m usually like hey quit contaminating my kids lol now it's my belly lol when they touch it I grab boobs balls or whetver lol
    msh88

Answer by msh88 at 1:03 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• You should speak up and say "please do not kiss the baby". People have their nerve doing that. They should ask you first. I hate that. They do not realize they have germs and are overstepping the baby space.

Just like people need to ask the owner of a dog if they can "pet him".

Speak up for you baby, he/she cannot speak.
    AdrianaS

Answer by AdrianaS at 1:03 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Yes!!!!! I despise that... And when people allow their children to come touch and kiss on them!!! I make my kids look from a distance.
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 1:14 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• I guess I am the odd man out here because I really just tried to get over it myself and not stress about it. I definitely had a few cringe worthy moments when my DD was little but after she was a couple months old I really didn't worry too much. I am of the thinking that it is good to expose your kid to germs and that protecting them from too much actually puts them at a higher risk overall. Unless someone was clearly ill or something I didn't really worry about germs, she probably got exposed to worse stuff in lots of places. And I think it brings people a lot of joy to see and touch a baby, which is, I think, why they do it. I would take DD to see my Grandma at her retirement home and I might as well have been a celebrity- people just could not get enough of her and it was sweet to see, so I tried to calm my nerves and not worry too much. If it's really a concern I think you have to say something to stop it.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 3:23 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Sometimes it takes being rude to get through to these people.
    arouthier

Answer by arouthier at 4:12 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Yes, I don't like when strangers are too close to me, let alone my baby girl. I see people with beautiful new baby's and I just tell my daughter Look Baby! We never go over and try to touch the baby. Are people so clueless that they don't realize that's okay? I like the sign idea......it scares people away and who cares what they think?
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 4:57 PM on Sep. 2, 2010