how should I react?

My daughter and another daughter which I am friends with her mom. Was to sign up for girl scouts and she did not show so I called to remind her of it cause sometime people leave her out of stuff. Thought I was being nice.Well she was rude to me and told me her daughter was a sport and how could she be two places and once and said all made her phone call for info and then hung up on me. I mean what did I do wrong? Should I keep her as a friend or let her go? Should I call? Should she call to say sorry that maybe having a bad day and took it out on me? She has not been even returning my phone calls. Did I miss something? Please give advice.

momindiana

Asked by momindiana at 1:02 PM on Sep. 2, 2010 in Relationships

• Wait and give her a chance to think of her actions. It might take a little while.
    tryin2BGOOD

Answer by tryin2BGOOD at 1:03 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Maybe she can't afford the girlscouts.
    tryin2BGOOD

Answer by tryin2BGOOD at 1:05 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• No,she is just PLAIN RUDE! We all know someone like that. In the future, do not remind her of anything. You were being thoughtful, she was NOT.

Just like when you do something nice for people and they do not say thank you. People these (not all) have no manners!
    AdrianaS

Answer by AdrianaS at 1:06 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• I think you should leave it alone for now and let her make the next move.
    morbidkeeb

Answer by morbidkeeb at 1:06 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• I wouldn't push teh issue. Let her realize her mistake and how she acted. You did all you can and should do. Maybe she was just having a bad day, and we all know how easy it is to take it out on those closest to you. Just be prepared to accept her apology when, and if, it comes. She could be having other issues/problems that she isn't ready to talk about yet.
    christy_lvr

Answer by christy_lvr at 1:12 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Just don't bother. Whatever the reason for her outburst had nothing to do with you, because you did the right thing by reminding her. Just don't call her and if she wants to stick out that olive branch then so be it. She was rude to you, so you don't have any reason to call her. She should apologize to you.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 1:37 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• You did nothing wrong, you should NOT apologize for trying to be nice and remind her of scouts. I would not say anything to her about it, unless she brings it up and then  just say something like  "I only called to remind because I know the girls talked about joining scouts.  I did not realize that XX would not be able to make it due to sports."  Personally I think she should apologize to you for her rude behavior.

MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 2:08 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Perhaps you caught her on a bad day, we all have them. Let her vent and give it a week for things to sellteTthen drop a call to say hello and maybe mention that things might of been misunderstood and didn't mean to be offensive for asking. If she still gives you an attitude, then you might want to scratch her off your friends list because real friends don't act like that. Good luck and I'll take two boxes of Mint Cookies! Yum!
    NikkiVan1

Answer by NikkiVan1 at 2:10 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Let her make the next move and call you when she is ready. Even if someone is mad about something, lashing out is never the answer.
    SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 2:52 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• I would wait until she calls you. Give her time
    noahsmommy12908

Answer by noahsmommy12908 at 10:29 PM on Sep. 2, 2010