Help! Climbing out of the crib!

My 2 year old just learned to climb out of her crib. Shes very energetic usually. I cant get her to go to bed she just keeps climbing out of the crib. Shes tired and cranky but wont stay in there for two seconds. Help!

leksismommy

Asked by leksismommy at 1:07 PM on Sep. 2, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I would get a toddler bed. At least then she won't risk hurting herself AND she may be so excited about her "big girl" bed that she will want to stay in it. :D Good luck!
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 1:09 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Good luck your crib days are over with! lol once they learn how to get out they never want back in.. freedom!
    BobbieJo286

Answer by BobbieJo286 at 1:11 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• That's what I was thinking..somebody is ready for a big girl bed! You may just be surprised on well she'll transition. I know I was with Samuel! He did awesome!
    SparklingHope

Answer by SparklingHope at 1:11 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Its time to move her to a toddler or twin bed, if she is crawling out of the crib then there is always a chance that she may slip and fall. Talk to her about the transition first (I didn't talk to my twins about it and just got rid of the cirbs and changed to beds, they came home from grandmas and Emma freaked it was a terrible night) So talk to her about it and how its a big girl bed etc. Get her prepared for it. You don't have to buy a bed either, just put the crib mattress on the floor and she will be fine, that way if she does fall out of bed it won't even wake her up. If you decide to buy a bed I would suggest going ahead and getting a twin size then you won't have to buy a new bed for her ever really she can sleep in a twin till she moves out of your house LOL. Good luck!
    mrspierce06

Answer by mrspierce06 at 1:11 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• I tried moving her into a toddler bed a week ago and nobody slept for 3 days
    leksismommy

Comment by leksismommy (original poster) at 1:13 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Just because three days went by and she wasn't used to her bed doesn't mean she won't get used to it eventually. It is a learning process. My oldest didn't take to hers for about a week. My youngest daughter slept in the floor/hallway/sisters bed/etc for the first few weeks, lol... now she refuses to sleep anywhere BUT her bed!

Give it another shot and don't give up too easily. :)

Good luck!
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 1:15 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• I agree also with mrspierce06 on one thing. Talk to her about the change. I didn't even think about it, I talk to my kids about everything... I talk all the time! lol, But giving them a heads up and letting them help you makes the transition easier. :)

Wal-Mart usually has a toddler bed in stock for about $40 that I bought my kids and they used them forever and then we gave my oldest's away to her cousin when she moved into a twin bed. :)
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 1:18 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Time for e bed! Once they learn to get out of crib, bed time!
    AdrianaS

Answer by AdrianaS at 1:18 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• went they can climb out the crib it's time to get a toddler bed! There are a number of dangers to a child climbing out of the crib.. so please switch!..

As for keeping her in bed.. try story time... and set up a routine like.. bath, story, lights out.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 5:38 PM on Sep. 2, 2010