I just had my hair cut into a slight stacking style in the back.

What is the best way to get the same look as at the salon?

Asked by Teachermom01 at 5:49 PM on Jun. 30, 2008 in Beauty & Style

• I have stacked hair in the back and it gets longer in the front at an angle. I asked my stylist how to maintain the style and she told me. She is very good about giving me a cut that I can do at home and with many options. When I get home I usually have someone take a picture of the front and back of my hair for future reference. When I go back I can tell her if I want it shorter or longer depending how it grew out.

Answer by army_love at 12:15 PM on Jul. 2, 2008

• You can ask the stylist who did your hair. She would know how best to maintain the look yourself.

Answer by vbruno at 6:38 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

• Ask the stylist who did it or ask another stylist who can do a similar style. You can also google it. There are usually how to's on there. What kind of style is it? I am a liscensed cosmetologist and I know how to do some styles although I am no longer practicing hair styling.

Answer by HeatherTurner at 6:47 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

• Pictures are worth a thousand words...especially at the beauty salon!!! LOL

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 7:03 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

• do you mean like styling it? if so just ask them the next time to you go to walk you throught the steps. and if you mean cutting it, try to get the same stylist and make sure you sit down and talk to them about what you want. that is the worst thing ever when i am doing someones hair and they dont want to talk to me. it how people end up with bad haircuts

Answer by mamacharms at 8:28 PM on Jul. 1, 2008

• My mother just got her hair cut in that style. She uses hot iron straightner on her hair and it does really good. She tried using a fat curling iron but it would not lay right for her. Hope this helps!!

Answer by redtang912 at 10:17 AM on Jul. 3, 2008