What is a appropriate bedtime for an 11 year old boy for the weekend?

I say 10 or 10:30 of course my hubby doesn't agree he says later. I guess I was just raised differently. What do you girls think?

Amandacintron

Asked by Amandacintron at 10:36 AM on Oct. 12, 2008 in Tweens (9-12)

• Pretty close to the time he wakes up on school days so his schedule doesn't get to mixed up.
    fairyinabubble

Answer by fairyinabubble at 10:44 AM on Oct. 12, 2008

• I think 10:00 is plenty late
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:56 AM on Oct. 12, 2008

• My eleven year old would stay up until the wee hours of the morning if I let her. I think that late night/sleep in thing is kicking in with the hormones at eleven. I let her stay up until 11 on Saturday. Sunday night is 10. As long as she can get up on Sunday and Monday. Saturday she sleeps in and I don't get on her case Friday night. She can sleep until 10 on Saturday. I believe we can't force our kids to go to sleep, only to wake up and get up. These times are basically to be in bed, resting and reading or listening to music if she has trouble falling asleep. I found it aggrevating for me to try to contorl mother nature.
    manna1qd

Answer by manna1qd at 10:57 AM on Oct. 12, 2008

• This is a response to manna1qd. I don't mind him going to bed at 11, but he doesn't want to sleep in like I would think a kid usually wants to do. He wants to get up at like 8. I don't understand this bc you would think he would be really sleepy.
    Amandacintron

Answer by Amandacintron at 11:21 AM on Oct. 12, 2008

• i cant win, i tell them to go to sleep at 11 pm and i find out they stayed up 'til 100 or 200 am regardless school or no school. i let them realize their own mistakes...
    rockingrobin

Answer by rockingrobin at 1:08 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• 11 on weekends. especially if he's in middle school.
    charisma10

Answer by charisma10 at 2:04 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• Max of 10. You need to keep it within half hour of his weekday bedtime or he will get mixed up. Also keep in mind (and talk this over with hubby NOW) that the amount of sleep he needs each night will go UP during the teen years. When someone - anyone - is learning a lot and growing a lot, they need more sleep. The average teenage needs 9 to 10 hours of sleep each night. That number will drop to the 8 hours an adult needs sometime in the early 20's. If your son gets a super late bedtime now, how much later will he expect when he's 15? How exhausted and cranky will he be all day from too little sleep? How much will his behavior seem like that of an overtired toddler? How much will his grades at school suffer? Plan ahead now.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 3:09 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• I'd say 9 or 10 at the latest.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 3:13 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• Unless we have somewhere to be, I let my 11yr old son, stay up as late as he can. It usually is only until 11 unless he and I are both glued to the Gamecube. Then it can be as late as 2am. My younger boys, ages 5 and 6 are usually up until 11 on Fridays and 10 on Saturdays. My dd is always over at a friends house on Friday and Saturday nights, so I have no idea how late she's up. My only rule is she can't be out of the house after 10 unless I know specifically where she is. For ex: the mom of the friend took them to Waffle House a few wks ago for a late night snack at 11 and that was okay with me.
    masastan

Answer by masastan at 4:11 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• With my first I believed in keeping things on track.Only thing is if they go to bed early there is no sleeping in for you.They hate being up alone.lol.So I let mine stay up till I go to bed.Most often they come to me ready for prayers.Due to being tired
    fearful5

Answer by fearful5 at 5:52 PM on Oct. 12, 2008