Is John McCain throwing the election?

I read he calmed his angry supporters by saying "You don't have to be afraid of Obama as president of this country." The point is not if Obama is good or bad for the country. I don't understand why one candidate would choose those words to answer a crowd that hates his opponent. I denounce hatred but how about encouraging respect and calm while encouraging them to vote for McCain/Palin and get them back onto the issues. I just don't get it. And I wouldn't get it from any other candidate either.

manna1qd

Asked by manna1qd at 10:47 AM on Oct. 12, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• I read in here that someone said that they are white and they aren't racist just because they're not voting for obama. ATTENTION WHITE PEOPLE...NOT EVERY BLACK PERSON THINKS YOU'RE RACIST BECAUSE YOU'RE VOTING FOR MCCAIN!!!!!! You know most of us are educated enough to know that you're voting for your candidate because that's who you believe in and you agree with their policies.
    With this statement I honestly I am not trying to start anything and I not trying to say this to belittle anyone. I just hate that many white people feel the need to explain that they're not racist. Us, blacks do realize that there is good in the white race.
    bxbsmommy

Answer by bxbsmommy at 8:23 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• I think he was just trying to calm the angry mob. These people were being afraid for unrealistic reasons. I think that is all he was doing.
    MissAlisabeth

Answer by MissAlisabeth at 11:01 AM on Oct. 12, 2008

• like missalisabeth said, i think he was just trying to dispell rumors and calm down his crowd.
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 11:23 AM on Oct. 12, 2008

• I think he realized that everything they'd been saying had really upset some people, and the people had begun to form their own opinions...and he knew that he had to fix it before it got even worse. I respect him for finally saying something nice and quieting the crowd, but I think he knew that if he didn't quiet them, he'd have a lot more problems on his hands.

And I agree, I wish they'd speak on the issues, not on Obama's personal life.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 11:26 AM on Oct. 12, 2008

• His crowds have gotten ANGRY! They shout "kill him" in regards to Obama, racial slurs, and "treason". There is a lot of booing and general ignorant behavior going on. I think McCain is ashamed that he incited this in his supporters and he's trying to do the right and respectable thing. Presidential candidates are in trouble when their crowds go from "I love you" to "I hate the other guy" ya know?

Obama gets my vote no matter what though. He is the best man for the job. Period.
    Ellen523

Answer by Ellen523 at 11:41 AM on Oct. 12, 2008

• Ellen I hope you understand that there is no "they" shouting, "kill him". It was ONE person at ONE rally. If you believe that this ONE person represents all of McCain supporters then there are a lot of things that can be said for all of Obama supporters. Such as "they" all carry around megaphones and spew disrespectful comments as well. After seeing the "show" put on by the Obama followers it reaffirms my belief in the person I am voting for. Too bad Obama doesn't control his mob!
    lil_angel00

Answer by lil_angel00 at 11:50 AM on Oct. 12, 2008

• lil angel...Have you heard any of the things that Obama followers have said that was equal to killing McCain? Just curious.
    bxbsmommy

Answer by bxbsmommy at 12:18 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• bxbsmommy, I have heard Obama supporters say they hope McCain dies of cancer. You can determine for yourself if that is equal to killing Obama.
    lil_angel00

Answer by lil_angel00 at 12:54 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• If you also count Obama supporters such as Pastor Wright who said, "God Damn America" or how about the Obama supporter Ayers who has a photo out of him standing on the American flag and saying shortly after 9/11 that he wished he had done more (referring to bombing) when he was a terrorist in America.
    Obama supporters sound worse than McCain supporters I guess since they hate America. They won't just kill McCain, they'll kill Americans in general.
    lil_angel00

Answer by lil_angel00 at 1:00 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• lil angel, you really should do more research. if you did you would know that bill ayers was quoted as saying he wished he had done more to stop the vietnam war.. his comments had NOTHING to do with 9/11 and more to do with his memoir which happened to come out at about the same time.
    get your facts straight.
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 1:15 PM on Oct. 12, 2008