What colors are you using for Christmas this year?

Okay, so I am jumping past Halloween and Election Day now. Last year I decorated the day before Halloween... I think I am going with all off white this year. As my living room interior is mostly red/burgundy.... Tell me how you like to decorate?

pupmom

Asked by pupmom at 10:59 AM on Oct. 12, 2008 in Home & Garden

• And I hate to double post, but I think a white christmas would be GORGEOUS with the red and burgundy :D I love red and white together, it's so clean and crisp and pure yet dramatic at the same time xD
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 11:24 AM on Oct. 12, 2008

• I've got white walls and a very light light tan carpet. I'm thinking of doing a "blue Christmas". I know that sounds lame but I love blue and have always wanted to do it. Then again, if money is tight I might just go with an eclectic realistic mommy Christmas. This consists of all the colors of the rainbow...lol.
    raybell

Answer by raybell at 11:08 AM on Oct. 12, 2008

• I'm going with raybell...RAINBOW CHRISTMAS, BABY!! Hahahaha. Whatever the dollar store has to offer is what I buy =D
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 11:23 AM on Oct. 12, 2008

• my husband is military and is coming home from deployment on thursday. We have mostly patriotic colors the past couple of years and will prob continue with that theme.
    discoverytoygal

Answer by discoverytoygal at 11:37 AM on Oct. 12, 2008

• I had planned on gold, mustard and chocolate brown. I try to do different colors and schemes each year but it seems like things are going in bright pastels this year like robins egg blue and hot pink, lime green. yuk.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 4:42 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• i think the white would look very lovely... we have white walls and i do bugandy and white for the tree....
    navywifemomkoch

Answer by navywifemomkoch at 5:20 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• I guess the only tree stuff I do are white lights or multi-colored lights (depending on my mood when I decorate!!) and my kids' ornaments. I get them each a different ornament every year - kind of to commemorate what they did during the year - or a favorite thing (this year, my oldest is getting a baseball one with his name on it because he played baseball this year for the first time...etc) So, I guess it's always multi-colored!! Some day, I'll have a simple, elegant, christmas tree...but I'm more concerned about the family time than I am about the looks :)
    mama_of5

Answer by mama_of5 at 5:25 PM on Oct. 12, 2008