Does anybody else feel this way?

I don't know why but this whole pregnancy I have not been able to stop thinking and being scared of getting a c-section!! My doctor hasn't even mentioned anything about it and my first two were natural!!! I just can't stop having anxiety about it!! Anybody else ever get like this? Oh and to top it off I just found out that I have to go get the 3hr glucose next week and I heard that if you get GD that you have a high risk of c-section...

ladybugky88

Asked by ladybugky88 at 1:27 PM on Sep. 2, 2010 in Pregnancy

• for the GD the reason you have an increased risk is bc of a large baby mainly, so if you stick to the diet youd be okay, plus a lot of people pass the 3hr, i felt this way for my first about the csection not worried just had a feelingi ould have one, i did have one after going into labor naturlly at 41 weeks, and 21 hrs labor, but if your first two were natural i wouldnt worry, have you switched obs my SIL had two quick deliveries and went to a new ob for her third he was csection happy bc it saves him money and time and after three hours the baby was magically breech and he made her have one personally i would have asked for proof bc she was head down the whole time. but if you have the same doctor i would worry. but if you end up having one they arent that bad i promise!
    Kre10

Answer by Kre10 at 1:36 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Yeah I do have a different doctor because the one that I was using retired on me!!!! LOL...
    ladybugky88

Comment by ladybugky88 (original poster) at 1:40 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• I had this fear, too. I'm petite and stupid people kept asking me if I was going to have to have a c-section. They were the ones who put the idea in my head. The doctor never even mentioned it.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 2:45 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• I had this fear with my last two. They were both breach, and I got so scared that I would have to have a c-section. But things turned out well. I think it normal for moms to get that way from time to time. The next time you see the doctor just tell him your fears and see what he thinks. Hopefully, he will be able to help you relax. Good luck.

krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 7:16 PM on Sep. 2, 2010