Would you take a job you thought you'd be happy with even if it doesn't offer benefits?

This is my dilema... I have tried a lot of jobs lately. I had a great full time job with great benefits, but it made me crazy... So, finally I have found an easy going laid back job with okay money, but no benefits.... What would you do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:02 AM on Oct. 12, 2008 in Money & Work

• I work in the Restaurant business and studies have shown that the number one reason for people quitting their job is lack of recognition for a job well done. Not even the money, or benefits was an issue. If you like what you will be doing I say go for it!, There are alternative methods for getting you and your family insured and there are a lot of websites I can refer you to to get more info. Just PM me for more details! I hope this helps
    markayda3

Answer by markayda3 at 11:33 AM on Oct. 12, 2008

• Depends. If it makes you happy then go for it. But I would have to make sure my kids have insurance. That is the big one for me. If that is taken care of elsewhere then go for it. You can always quit if it becomes an issue lol
    MissAlisabeth

Answer by MissAlisabeth at 11:18 AM on Oct. 12, 2008

• I wouldn't take it myself. I need the benefits. I mean, that's just me though. If you are truly happy with the job go for it. Does your SO have insurance and what not?
    raybell

Answer by raybell at 11:57 AM on Oct. 12, 2008

• If you are happy with the job take it! If you need benefits I can get you enrolled in Ameriplan and it is very affordable. PM me if you would like more info:)
    sassyhettel

Answer by sassyhettel at 1:05 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• If you love the job...take it...its better to love it then to hate it! Like Sassy said...there are good alternatives! Good luck!
    businesswife1

Answer by businesswife1 at 8:39 PM on Oct. 12, 2008