What About Me

I am a single working mom. my ds is 2 in november and i was just wondering what other moms do to have time alone w.o taking away from the kids.

konnorsmama

Asked by konnorsmama at 1:32 PM on Sep. 2, 2010 in General Parenting

• When I was a single mom I relied on nap and bed time for my peace and quiet "me" time. That was the only choice I felt I had because kids don't stop being kids when they're awake, lol.
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 1:37 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• When my boys were little I put them to bed early and enjoyed the evenings to myself. My husband worked out of town when my oldest was young, it was just me and him for a long time. I would put him down to bed and then read a book or watch a movie or sometimes just take a really hot shower...
    Now they are older its a lot easier for me to find time for me because they are active in a lot of sports so they are home less and now want to spend more time with friends.
    blessedwboysx3

Answer by blessedwboysx3 at 1:44 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• yeah bed time is all i got he goes to be at 8:00 and thats my cleaning time till i just pass out
    konnorsmama

Comment by konnorsmama (original poster) at 2:01 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• My daughter is the same age as your son. I do things while she is napping or in bed. Sometimes my parents will watch her so I have some time.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 2:15 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Your children are only young once. If your house is in "decent" condition - leave it and get some "ME" time. Take a long hot bath with bubbles, a good book, and a glass of wine. Taking care of the woman that became the wife that became the mother.....its important do it in that order!
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 3:13 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• bed times and nap times are my time..

or I try to make something fun with my dd and I...

like friday nights are normally girls nights for us.. we'll get a few movies, some "junk" food, and paint our nails, or do things like that together.. it's fun for me and her.. (she's 2 1/2).
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 7:45 PM on Sep. 2, 2010