Do you watch Diego? Does it seem to really teach the kids Spanish?

35yoamom

Asked by 35yoamom at 1:34 PM on Sep. 2, 2010 in Entertainment

• None of the little munchkins I know who watch Dora and Diego can speak a word of Spanish. It's a sham. They just watch it because it's like any other cartoon...Bright and colorful.
    StephenieBryant

Answer by StephenieBryant at 2:01 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• My DD watches Diego and Dora, but she's only 2. She can barely speak English words, much less Spanish. But I also have a 5 and a 6 year old cousins that used to watch both of those shows and they knew a little Spanish from it.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 2:42 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• I don't see my kids getting any Spanish from Diego and I am OK with that. My DD (6) likes it b/c she is all about animals and want to be Vet. My DS (4) likes it b/c he like the idea of rescuing animals, or anything really.

Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 11:11 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• yeah they pick up a word or two
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 11:28 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• my daughter does. Shes always telling me to vamonos! lol
    superm0m877

Answer by superm0m877 at 12:06 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• my son use to watch that show but he doesn't no more. i didn't see him learning to many words in spanish maybe just a few.
    shorty13417

Answer by shorty13417 at 10:38 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• my daughter watched Dora a few years ago when she was younger and she learned a couple of Spanish words off there, so yeah, it can help.
    cmadd

Answer by cmadd at 4:22 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• my daughter started using a few spanish words around 3. It took me forever to realise she wasnt just babbling though haha
    MooNFaeRie30

Answer by MooNFaeRie30 at 8:55 PM on Sep. 6, 2010