What to do to pass the time?

OK ladies, I am 40 weeks now, and I don't know what to do with myself. My house is spotless, other than a mess here and there that needs to picked up every now and then. I can't relax, I am bouncing around the house like I've drunk 2 gallons of coffee, which I don't. I am constantly having to move something, like my feet or legs. What did you do to pass the time before going crazy?

krissyvelazquez

Asked by krissyvelazquez at 1:35 PM on Sep. 2, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Cook up some meals that you can freeze for after the baby gets here...that way when you don't feel like moving and cooking, you won't have to. Work on thank you cards for any baby gifts you may have received. Do any grocery shopping that may need to be done and stock up on things like toilet paper, laundry detergent, sanitary napkins, etc....things you may run out of after the baby arrives and won't want to take the baby out with you to get. Go and get a mani/pedi...that will make you feel extra good when it is time for baby to arrive. Freshly painted toes/nails can do wonders....Most of all, enjoy your little bit of you time you have left! Congrats and good luck!
    genuinelyblessd

Answer by genuinelyblessd at 2:32 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• I worked full time until the day before I gave birth. I was pretty much busy morning until night.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 2:41 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• I walked. and walked, and walked and walked lol.... seriously I swear between that and the endless squats I did while watching tv that is why my little man came out so quickly and easily. I agree about the cooking before hand, you will thank yourself later- go buy some extra casserole dishes and make a half dozen casseroles of different types to make it through the first couple weeks.
    Another thing I did was make jelly lol... had never done it before and felt the urge to learn- rightnnow- lol... went and bought apples and pears, and peaches and went to town- it was fun and gave me something nice to stick in christmas gifts! (plus you could sit on a stool in front of the sink and stove while doing it so no pressure on the legs and back!
    Happy Countdown mama! Hope it passes fast!
    CinnamonScallop

Answer by CinnamonScallop at 2:56 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Anon, it would help if I was bored, but that's not the case. I never used the words bored, but that would mean you would have to READ carefully to have seen that. My problem is that I can not sit still enough to sit and read. I do not have it in me. I have the urge that I have to be up and doing things. When I am sitting, I have am bouncing my legs or doing something. I can't help it. I can't relax, and don't have the urge to do so. I want things that help keep me busy. That help keep me going.
    krissyvelazquez

Comment by krissyvelazquez (original poster) at 7:11 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Gee, I don't know. READ? What a new and unusual idea.I found all kinds of thing to do during the last few weeks while I was waiting for labor to start, all three times. WHy is it that so many women here at CM get so bored so easily??? It is just unbeleivable.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:01 PM on Sep. 2, 2010