How do you do it??

I have a 15 month old. My hubby and I plan on trying for baby #2 in Jan. But how do you split your time between to kids?? My hubby and I both feel like we love our daughter so much and having another baby around will really take our from away from her. I am sure things are different once you actually have 2 and know what it is like..any input anyone can give me? Also..when you have a baby and a toddler, how do you get them out of the car if you are alone. Like in what order?? I dont want to get my oldest out and turn my back on her while I get the baby out.. What do you other moms do? I know..I am probably worrying too much but I like to think of everything from every situation..

ZOSO

Asked by ZOSO at 11:02 AM on Oct. 12, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• I hear it is easier w/ 2 than just 1. You will love your second one just as much i promise....Just make you daughter a part of everything.....It will be fun and you will love it. plus she'll be a big sis How cool. Good luck and stop worrying
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:07 AM on Oct. 12, 2008

• tell the toddler to wait ....while u get the lil one out of the car....i was having that same problem..thinking about stuff like this...

my mom said...* she has 7 kids*

the love you have for all your children doesnt change with ..number one ...or number two,

etc etc..

it just grows,

im 28 weeks prego now,
    LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 11:08 AM on Oct. 12, 2008

• I had all of the very same concerns. You will be utterly amazed at how much love you can have in one heart ! I really don't know how I do it....It just gets done. You will be able to manage within your own schedule and routine. All of your concerns will be gone, because you will be too busy to worry! LOL I am sooo grateful for our second son. It is alot more work, but worth all of the efforts! If you are concerned about getting the kids out of the car. Try taking the oldest child first and only unlock that door of the car, then go to the other side of the car for the second child. All of these circumstances will be manageable. I promise! They are such a joy, you will be in the swing of things in no time! Good luck!
    MommasCooCoo

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 11:08 AM on Oct. 12, 2008

• my hubby and i are also TTC soon, however, its for baby #3 because we havfe 15 month old twins!! the whole thing about loving another baby...that was my biggest fear when having twins. what if i don't love them the same? how do i give them each enough time and love? DON'T WORRY. it really is easier than it sounds. as perfect as your daughter is, i am sure you will find a whole new place in your heart for your new child.
    about getting out of the car...by the time your baby is born, your 15 month old should be able to walk. have her get out first and walk to the other side of the car with you. then grab her sibling and head inside. good luck with your TTC, i hope i could be a little help!!
    sarahkaystone

Answer by sarahkaystone at 1:57 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• Thanks everyone for your advice. I feel so much better now. I'm glad to know I am not the only one worrying about these things!
    ZOSO

Answer by ZOSO at 2:49 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• Hi! You said you have a 15 month old. YOu are not preggers yet so you have at least 9 months to work out all of your concerns. PLUS..... you baby now will be that much older and most likely more willing to help you! It is definately NOT easier with 2 than 1 but it is sooooo worth it! My 1st 2 are 3 years apart but Jake is only 15 months behind emi so i have my hands full and you just DO things...you have to. Theres no time to think! So go ahead and plan for #2 no worries! Everything will work out and you WILL love #2 just as much as #1! I had the same same concerns and you would be surprised how much room there is in your heart for kids! They give so much unconditional love! Good luck in your TTC! Have fun practicing!!
    CoreyLynn

Answer by CoreyLynn at 3:01 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• I watch 4 kids for 12 hours a day when i was 16 the 4 were easier to watch together than just have the youngest. I have a 2 year old and a new daughter my son wants to be included so i let him sit with me and her while she eats or sleeps whatever she wants to do. I also let him push her bassinet around while shes not in it but tell him no while she is in it. He understands the difference and is understanding when i need to put off what he wants while feeding or changing her. I also let him push her swing while she not in it and play with her blankets. Now shes a month old and he throws away her dirty diapers for me and his own. Just make sure you pay attention to both of them and give your daughter tons of hugs and kisses. when your husband gets home from work have him watch the newborn while you have one on one time with your daughter she will love the attention and the baby can bond with daddy.
    youngarmywife

Answer by youngarmywife at 7:24 PM on Oct. 12, 2008