Do you wipe your dog's feet when they come inside from outside?

I know this sounds silly but I do. I have 2 big dogs and they can carry a lot of dirt in their paws, so I have taught them the command "Wipe Your Feet" which means stand there and let me wipe your feet. And if raining their body too!

marchar2002

Asked by marchar2002 at 1:51 PM on Sep. 2, 2010 in Pets

• Yes!!! And he actually enters the house and waits for me to wipe his feel before he walks off the mat!
    mygirlpaige

Answer by mygirlpaige at 1:56 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• My mom does for her dogs if it's muddy out. Otherwise her house turns into a mudslide!
    mommypip

Answer by mommypip at 1:52 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Haha, cute!!! My dog is 70lbs, but he has a very short coat. If it's raining, I do wipe his feet and his body down, but if he's not soaked, I usually don't bother. He doesn't pick up much dirt.
    SarahLeeMorgan

Answer by SarahLeeMorgan at 1:53 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• We have all grass & I have tried it a few times when it rains esp snow, , but I just had back surgery. Before surgery and now it's too hard and hubby thinks I'm nuts. He has to clean up anyway per my back. LOL
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 4:01 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• YES- especially, when it is wet outside- She Hates to have wet Little Feet! LOL
    daisyb

Answer by daisyb at 10:55 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Nope, our dog is in and out all the time, and the kitchen floor is so easy to clean.
    I don't have the time for that lol.
    Piskie

Answer by Piskie at 5:35 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• I have three dogs one full bred GSD two mixed GSD - the smallest is 78lbs.
    When it rains they get toweld off, and legs wiped down - but generally no I do not wipe their paws. They come in through my kitchen which is ceramic floors and drives me INSANE but - it is what it is, by the time they go over the matt and floor they are relatively safe for my hardwoods...
    and I just sweep and mod a lot.
    FooLynRoo

Answer by FooLynRoo at 7:46 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• nope i dont wipe thier paws off.i have 2 dogs that are afaired of the rain so they wont go out side unless they cant hold it any more. and one dog that loves the rain and when he comes back in side i will use a tomel and blow dryer
    ladybug36519

Answer by ladybug36519 at 12:37 AM on Sep. 8, 2010