is there a way to get hair dye out..?

is there a way to get hair dye out of a tank top?

mom_to_kenzie

Asked by mom_to_kenzie at 1:54 PM on Sep. 2, 2010 in Home & Garden

• If it was recent....if it has set it too much, theres no hope. Try a big bowl of cold water with a few cap fulls of peroxide.
    an-apple-a-day

Answer by an-apple-a-day at 1:56 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• I doubt it,I've never been able to,even when I got to it right away. It fades,but doesn't completely disappear

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 1:58 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Hmm maybe the same stuff you use on your hair when you mess up with the dye? I think it's oops hair color remover. Or I'm sure you could get plenty of ideas from googling it. Good luck.
    kksmomma1019

Answer by kksmomma1019 at 1:58 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• I know that Dawn dish washing soap helps to fade it out of your hair, so you could try applying some to your tank top???
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 2:01 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• I'm a hairstylist and I have ruined many clothes with hairdye the only trick is to spray it with alot of hairspray when it happens to keep it from setting in and wash it asap. It doesn't work evertime, i think it probably has to do with the type of fabric?
    gavyns_momma

Answer by gavyns_momma at 2:06 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Use Ajax and moisten the spot then leave a moist ajax solution set on stain. I usually lay a damp cloth or towel over it . It may take quite awhile. If it is white this will work fine- treat until stain is gone then wash in bleach. Good luck. If nothing else shopping for a new shirt is always fun. :-)
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 2:07 PM on Sep. 2, 2010